𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

𝕾𝖆𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖆 𝕵𝖔𝖍𝖓𝖘𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕻𝕺𝖁|| 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟗 @ 𝟒:𝟐𝟓𝐩𝐦 ||

|| 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟗 @ 𝟒:𝟐𝟓𝐩𝐦 ||

***

As I found myself with idle time at work, I instinctively reached for my phone and began scrolling through my Instagram feed. I mindlessly flicked through the photos, hearting some of my friend and associate's pictures along with funny memes from the page Questimesofficial.

I then went back to the top of my feed, and refreshed my page, to which Malachi's supposed assistant appeared. I reluctantly tapped on her story and placed my palm against my face, feeling a sense of annoyance washing over me already.

Di gyal irk me spirit essi.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I watched the first story of her and her friends on a girl's night out. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at their exuberant laughter -- especially hers -- and the clinking glasses of wine.

I tapped the side to view her other story, where she had posted a picture of a brand box with a caption "Special Delivery". I looked closer at it and noticed Malachi's hand casually resting at the side of the picture.

"Two a unuh fava two soldier crabs." I uttered lowly to myself, continuing to watch her story.

I was about to watch the last one she had posted when a voice interrupted me. I quickly locked my phone and placed it facing down, turning my attention towards the source of the voice.

To my surprise, it was her spouse.

Lennox Remington if i remember correctly.

But watch yah now!

Me glad me come out fi see dis!

"Good day. How can i help you?" I asked, resting my hand on the desk and giving him a polite smile.

"Evening. Contact yuh boss and make him know say me wah talk to him nuh." He stated.

"Apologies sir but you just missed him. He left a couple minutes ago with his assistant." I stated, ensuring to add the part about Malachi leaving with Aniyah.

Lennox's eyes narrowed for a brief moment, his jaw tensing as if he was trying to hold back a surge of emotions. Despite the seriousness of the situation, I tried to contain my laughter at his subtle reaction.

If me laugh, me drop right yasso and nuh move!

"Weh dem gone?" He asked, and i eased back into my chair.

"For the sake of my job, i can't provide you with that information sir." I informed him, and he ran his finger under his bottom lip.

"For the sake of your job?" He repeated in questioning and i nod my head.

He then proceeded to ask another question, speaking lowly this time "So make me get dis straight. Yuh woulda dweet if it wasn't for your job? Or if you had a another income per se?"