Chapter 8.

I awoke quite early, wanting to get as far away from Antonio as possible. He actually wasn’t too bad last night, quite civilised and natural for once. Maybe just because my brother was around. That was probably it. Not because he decided to change at all.

I went and got dressed in the bathroom across the hall. I dressed in some black leggings and a t-shirt from Topshop. Also my Nike Blazers and a jacket. I then heard movement coming from the bedroom so I went back in. I saw Antonio awake, sat on the bed.

‘’Morning’’ he said with a cheeky smile

‘’Hey’’ I replied. He was like this sometimes, nice and normal. But I knew all too well that it wouldn’t last. Soon he’d be back to his old ways and I’m sure it wouldn’t be a matter of time till that happened.

‘’Are you going to get ready? It’s just the boys are read and we need to be leaving for training soon’’ I said in a quiet voice, worried about what his reaction would be. I glanced over to the door. I was quite close. I had time to run if he turned.

But to my surprise, he just smiled and said, ‘’Yeah, I’ll just go get ready now’’ and then walked into the bathroom with his clothes.

I shook my head after he’d gone, questioning his actions and attitude this morning. I decided it was better not to carry on with these thoughts and just enjoy it whilst it lasted.

I walked downstairs and made myself a bowl of cereal and sat down next to Rafa.

‘’Morning’’ he grinned, reading the paper

‘’Morning’’ I replied, taking a spoonful of cereal.

‘’Antonio seems nice’’ he said to me. I mentally sighed.

‘’Yeah, he’s great isn’t he’’ I fake grinned. He gave me a confused look. My brothers knew me and for that reason, knew when something was wrong.

He was about to speak when Fabs and Antonio came down the stairs talking.

‘’Ready to go then?’’ I suggested to save any questions

‘’Yeah I guess so’’ Fabs said, stunned that I said it as soon as his foot had hit the floor.

‘’Good’’ I sheepishly smiled and stood up before heading to the door.

We climbed into the back of the car, we being me and Ant. We then set of to Carrington. Fabs turned on the radio. Olly Murs Army Of Two came blasting through the speakers.

‘’DON’T EVER CHANGE’’ Fabs started

‘’IF I SAY THE SAME’’ Rafa finished

‘’WE’LL BE SWIMMIN’ IN THE SAME DIRECTION’’ Fabs sang as we pulled onto the main road

‘’NEVER LOOSE THIS CONNECTION’’ Rafa screeched

‘’WE’LL MAKE A MOVE’’ Fabs also screeched

‘’STOP THIS ARMY OF TWO’’ Rafa screamed

‘’WE’RE MARCHING TO THE FUTURE’’ Fabs shouted out of the car window

‘’YEAH IT’S ME AND YOU’’ Rafa sang loudly

‘’SOLDIERS FOLLOW MY LEAD! REPEAT AFTER ME! FAITH IS THE BULLET, HOPE IS THE GUN, LOVE IS ALL WE NEED! LIFE IS ON THE RUN, WE’VE ALREADY WON, NOW MARCH WITH THE BAND, RAISE YOUUR RIGHT HAD WE’VE ONLY JUST BEGUN!’’ they both shouted.

Antonio looked to me and chuckled.

‘’Don’t worry, you’ll get used to it eventually’’ I said, smiling. Maybe he’d finally changed.