Chapter 24: Emily

Forty five minutes later, I pulled into the parking lot for the Downtown West theater. I had agreed to meet Jay here and insisted on paying for my own ticket. Downtown West was known as the artsy theater and I had never heard of the name of the movie he picked. I drove around the parking lot, spotting his truck in the back. I pulled up next to him and blew out a deep breath. I ran my hands over my jeans, then shook them out. I pulled down the mirror and quickly checked my hair and makeup.

As I climbed out of the car, I glanced around the mostly empty lot. While the main road was bustling on this bright Sunday afternoon, it didn't seem too many people were interested in an artsy movie called, 'My swim with the Sharks.'

I walked into the theater, keeping my eyes peeled. I bought my ticket then waited in line behind an elderly couple to buy popcorn and a Diet Coke. A young bored looking kid with his hair falling in his face took my ticket and directed me to the correct stadium.

The theater was already dark when I walked in and the previews were playing. Only a couple people dotted seats close to the front.

When I spotted him sitting in the back row, my insides fluttered. He had his arm stretched out over the seat next to him. He spotted me and adjusted in his seat, his eyes meeting mine. The light from the screen danced across his face as I slowly made my way up the stairs to him. I kept reminding myself I was just here with a friend. Not the guy I was into. This wasn't a date.

I took the seat beside him and offered him some popcorn. He looked me over then reached into the bag, grabbing several pieces and popping them in his mouth. I managed to pull my eyes away from him, eating a handful of popcorn. He draped his arm across my shoulder, lightly rubbing it with the pad of his thumb. Every caress of had my insides sizzling. I stole a glance over at him, only to find him staring at me. His legs opened slightly as he reached for the arm rest in between us and threw it up. He pulled me closer to him, his palm resting against my face. As he leaned in, I shuttered. I couldn't stop thinking about his lips and how they felt against me. But I placed my hand on his chest and held him back, trying to uphold our deal.

"I thought we were just two friends here to watch a movie." I whispered.

He shook his head. "You're not just my friend." He whispered back as his lips met mine. I whimpered as his tongue slipped gently against mine. The desire I had for him overpowering my common sense. He pulled back and rubbed his nose against mine.

"You taste like butter." He caressed his hand down my arm, stroking the side of my breast. I knew resisting him was futile. I leaned into him and took his mouth again. My hands ached to touch him. I slid my hand up his thigh, as his hands wrapped around my waist.

"Fuck, Emily." His lips pressed against my ear as my fingers danced across his growing erection. Our lips were entwined. I wasn't sure where I ended and he began anymore. His hand slid up under my shirt, groping me.

Someone cleared their throat. I shot away from him, expecting to find Lucy standing over us. Instead it was an older man who had sat down in front of us at some point during our foray. My face flushed and I adjusted my shirt.

"An entire theater and you're going to sit right there?" Jay shook his head. The man sneered at us, then turned back around. "Hope you enjoy the show." Jay called at the man's back. He pulled me back into him, his hand picking up where it left off. I stopped him.

"Let's just enjoy the movie."

"You're kidding me." He moaned. I smiled at him and reached for the popcorn. I turned towards the big screen and tried to keep up with the story. He let out a heavy sigh, but put his arm back around my shoulders. After a while, I sat the popcorn down and leaned into him. My hand grazed up his thigh. I could feel how hard he was and he occasionally grunted and adjusted himself.