Chapter 35: Jay

The following Friday while I was trying to listen to the instructor and take notes in Developmental Psych, Jay leaned forward and whispered in my ear.

"Go away with me this weekend."

I shot him a look over my shoulder and went back to my note taking.

"Come on. Say yes."

"Shhh..." The girl next to us shushed him. I shot him a smirk over my shoulder and shrugged.

Things had been a little distant between us since last weekend. After Mia helped me sneak him out on Sunday, I hadn't talked to him most of the week. Only in class. I had told him I was busy and couldn't get together. I was starting to have real feelings for him and I knew the more I was around him the more they would grow. I also knew I couldn't let that happen.

While Lucy might have made some strides by talking to her brother a couple times this week, I knew she was still holding on to Jay as tightly as she could. We couldn't both keep hanging on to him. Something had to give.

Once class was over, I gathered my belongings and stood, ready to bolt out of the classroom, but he grabbed my arm and held me back as our classmates strolled to the door.

"Emmy, please stop doing whatever this is,." he pleaded.

"I can't go anywhere with you, Jay. And you know why."

"She's going to Nashville with her acting group." He pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Please, I want to make this right."

"There's only one thing that could make this right."

"I know. Say you will go away with me and I'll do my best to do just that."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. His hand cupped my face and I felt him step closer to me. When I opened my eyes, those gorgeous blue eyes were looking into my soul. When he pressed his lips to my eye lids, that's when I knew I was gone. I gripped his shirt, opening my mouth for him. His lips hit mine and all my reservations were gone.

How the hell was I ever supposed to walk away from this man?

"Okay," I heard myself saying. I felt his smile as he pressed his lips to mine again. When he pulled back from me, he was beaming.

"Be ready at five." He pressed a kiss to my forehead then pushed past me.

"Wait," I called after him. He turned, still walking backwards towards the door. "Where are we going?"

"Just be packed and ready by five." He winked then disappeared out the door. I bit the inside of my lip, gripping the strap on my backpack.

I started a mental list of what I would need to pack. Since I wasn't sure where we were going, I knew I was going to way over pack. But wherever we ended up, I wanted it to be perfect.

That afternoon at a quarter to five, I lugged my suitcase into the living room, my purse tossed over my shoulder.

"Going somewhere?" Mia asked.

I had considered lying to her. Telling her I had some sort of family emergency or something, but decided it was fruitless.

"I'm going away with Jay for the weekend."

She raised her eyebrows. "Oh..."

"It was last minute. He just asked me today."

"Okay."

"I know what you think, but I've thought this through, Mia."

"Okay."

"Can you please just not lecture me and be supportive?"

She laughed. "Emily. I said okay." She rounded the bar and linked her arm with mine. "I just want you to be happy. And, well, he makes you happy for some reason. You don't need me reminding you of the consequences this could have." She patted my arm. "So, go. Have fun."

"R...really?" My mouth was agape.

"Yes. Really."

"Thanks, Mia. Your support means a lot."

My phone pinged in the pocket of my shorts. I reached for it and smiled when I saw his name.

"He's here. I should go." I started rolling my suitcase to the door

"Have fun. Be safe and make sure to text on your way home."

I paused and turned back to Mia. "Why, you have plans?"

She waved her hand in front of her face. "Oh, not really. I might see if someone wants to come over."

"Scott?"

"No," she chortled. "Scott and I are done."

"Who then?" I narrowed my eyes at her. My phone pinged again.

"Go, don't worry about me." She pushed me out the door and closed it behind me. I stared at the door for a few moments, wondering what in the hell Mia was going to get into, but then I turned and saw him leaning against his truck across the parking lot.

He was wearing a tight gray shirt that showed off his pecs and khaki shorts. I felt my insides turn as I rushed down the steps toward him.

"You know we are only going away for the weekend." He stepped towards me and took my suitcase.

"I know," I shrugged. "But someone wouldn't tell me where we were going so I had to pack for a couple different scenarios. His muscles bulged as he lifted my case and placed it on the back of his truck. After he had secured it, he turned to me, smiling. He placed his hands on my hips and pulled me to him.

"I've missed you." He took my mouth and I whimpered. "Fuck, Emily." He swung me around and pressed me against the truck. His hands roamed over my body, his fingers skating up the side of my shirt. "I love the way you whimper every time I kiss you." He kissed my neck causing a sigh to escape me. He glided his tongue up my neck, sucking my earlobe into his mouth. "I love the way you taste and the way you feel against me."

I was fucking putty. I dug my nails into the back of his neck as he grinded into me. Damn, had I missed him. Distancing myself from him was clearly futile. When his lips met mine again, I grabbed his belt loops and pulled him closer. I could feel his stiffness pressing into me. I momentarily forgot we were in the parking lot as I stroked my hand over him.

"Damn." He rested his forehead against mine, his hands pressed next to my head. "I want you right fucking now."

"Not here." I could barely whisper. I was so full of desire for him.

"I don't think I can make it all the way to Sevierville."

"Sevierville?" I smiled. "You're taking me to the mountains?" He nodded and nipped my lip again. I gave him a squeeze, then placed my hands on his chest and pushed him back.

"Then we better get going." I dunked under his arm and opened the door. He didn't budge, just turned his head to stare at me. I bit my lip and climbed in, closing the door behind me.

He blew out a breath and jogged around to the drivers side. As soon as he had started the truck, I slid over, straddling the gear shift and placing my hand on his crotch. He placed his hand over mine and squeezed. I felt his cock jolt beneath our hands.

"It's going to be a long fucking drive isn't it?" his hand skated up my leg.

"Depends on how fast you drive."

He popped the clutch and shifted into reverse. "You better hang on then." I screeched as he shifted into first, squealing his tires as he drifted out of the parking lot.