The Power of Heartbreak - Stiles Stilinski x Male reader

Scott, Stiles and Y/n have been friends from childhood, The Troublesome Trio they would call themselves. They've been through it all together from Scott being bitten to his first full moon, and with Stiles being possessed by the Nogitsune or just dealing with the supernatural in general. Through the highs and lows their friendship stood strong. Y/n can definitely say he loves Scott and Stiles just in different ways.

Y/n and Scott have always seen each other as brothers, they loved each other platonically. However Y/n looked at Stiles in a different way, Y/n always had a crush on the sarcastic boy. Y/n loved every bit of him from his sarcasm and wit to his hyper activeness and awkward deposition. Scott was obviously able to tell, with the way Y/n's heart would beat in Stiles's presence or how Y/n would unconsciously be staring at Stiles.

Y/n finally thought that Stiles felt the same way when he told Y/n about a crush he had on someone. Y/n walked into school and went over to his locker and found Stiles waiting by it. "Hey Stiles." he greeted with a smile, "Y/n! Hey! So I need some advice, I think that today is the day that I finally ask them out." Stiles replied with a serious expression. "Are you sure? You know you don't have to. Just do it when you're comfortable." Y/n advised, hoping with all his heart Stiles would ask him.

Stiles then took a breath in and out and walked over to Malia. He pulled a flower out from his bag which had a note attached. Malia read the note and happily nodded while giving Stiles a kiss on the cheek. Stiles pulled her in for a hug and Y/n knew exactly what happened. He had a crush on Malia. She was the person he wanted to ask out. Y/n looked into his locker to hide the tears that were on the verge of spilling out.

Y/n had to spend the entire day watching Malia and Stiles either send each other longing glances in class or being over affectionate during lunch. Stiles noticed how quiet Y/n had been, he tapped his shoulder and mouthed 'Are you okay', Y/n pulled a fake smile and nodded before staring out into space again playing with his food. Scott noticed the amount of pain Y/n was in and pulled him away from the group. Scott gave Y/n a comforting hug which made tears begin to spill from his eyes.

Stiles got from the table stating he was going to check on Scott and Y/n, when he did find them. He saw Y/n in tears and Scott rubbing his shoulder affectionately. "Hey, what's wrong? Y/n, have you been crying? What happened?" Stiles questioned quickly. "Nothing, I just have a headache, I'm gonna go home and lie down." Y/n said speed walking away from the two. Stiles turned to Scott "I know that was a lie but why won't he talk to me?", to which Scott patted his shoulder and said "I can't tell you that."

Y/n was coming out of the office with a slip allowing him to leave school early, he was walking through the empty passages and was pulled into a vacant classroom by someone. That someone was Stiles, "Now that we're finally alone. Do you finally want to tell me what's wrong? What's actually wrong?" Stiles spoke, worried. "It doesn't matter, Stiles. Just leave it alone." Y/n spoke trying to leave but Stiles blocked his exit. Stiles grabbed Y/n's arm which sent sparks through his arm, like Stiles touch normally did, forcing Y/n to meet Stiles's brown eyes.

"Fine. You hurt me Stiles, even though you didn't mean to and you were unaware but you did. I love you Stiles, I always have. I wanted so long for you hoping you would feel the same way but you never did and when you told me you had a crush, I thought it was me. Maybe it's my fault for waiting too long or falling in love with you to begin with but it hurts Stiles. I hate the way I feel. I just can't be here and do this..." Y/n cried and took the chance to leave the classroom leaving a stunned Stiles with tears threatening to spill.

Y/n got home and immediately went to his room and shut the door. He closed and locked his window in case any werewolf would try to enter. He plugged his earphones in trying to escape from the world listening to music. Two knocks sounded on his door and the person on the other side sighed. "Y/n, please I know you're in there. Can we just talk?" Stiles's voice sounded from outside his room. Y/n shut his eyes to prevent more tears from escaping.

"Look I know that I hurt you and I'm sorry. If I had known... maybe things would've been different. I don't know– I just want you that I never would've wanted this" Stiles said, his voice cracking at parts, before the sound of his footsteps started fading away from Y/n's room. Y/n felt heartbroken that Stiles was with another. Y/n felt angry with himself for letting himself love Stiles that way, and for letting him bring him to tears. Y/n walked in front of his mirror. His eyes were red. His appearance was dishevelled. Y/n stared intensely at his reflection, the mirror then shattered...