Tension - Derek Hale x Male Reader

Scott and his pack along with Derek were at Deaton's trying to find as much information as possible on Gargoyles, they didn't know too much considering this monster was only found in some old ghoulish books. As they were trying to decide how to go about it, Y/n, Lydia's older brother, walked in. "Hey Stiles, I got your text. What do you need?" he said as he moved toward the group who gave him a greeting smile, well except for Derek. "We don't need anything from you, why did you say we did?" Derek glared, turning his attention to Stiles wanting for an answer.

"Well I figured since none of us had any info on the Gargoyle that Y/n might." Stiles reasoned, Scott nodded his head "He's right, if we're going to take this down we need all the help we can get." he agreed as Derek rolled his eyes seeing the smug smile on Y/n's face. "Well there's not a lot of info on it but Gargoyles used to be known as protectors so they won't hurt humans." Y/n informed, "Great, unless you know how to kill it this was a waste of time." Derek spoke, irritated. The rest of the pack rolled their eyes at the relationship between Derek and the older Martin brother.

"Doesn't matter, we'll figure it out when we find it. Let's start at the school since that was where the first victim was and another group can take other places in town." Scott instructed as everyone followed his orders Y/n and Derek were on their way to Beacon Hill High. "You know you don't have to come with me, I don't need your help." Derek spoke, his eyes focused on the road, unable to see the flash of hurt that crossed Y/n's face before it shifted to an unbothered expression.

"And leave you to try and probably fail at killing a Gargoyle? Not a chance." Y/n responded as he turned to face outside the window of the car, not noticing the smile on Derek's face which left as quick as it came. They parked in front of the school to find the lot empty, they walked inside the school before Derek stopped Y/n pointing to the lockers that had claw indents. They both followed where the marks lead and entered the Gym.

Derek heard something rushing toward them and pushed Y/n out of the way before moving to the opposite direction, the Gargoyle had tried to swipe his claws at them. It roared before moving to attack Derek who dodged the first hit but was backhanded by the creature causing him to land far away. Y/n got up and raised his hand at the monster "Prohibere!" he chanted, momentarily freezing the monster before the spell lost its effect and the monster swiped its claws, scratching Y/n causing him to let out a cry in pain. "Ah! Derek!"

The Gargoyle began to pounce toward Y/n, as he continued to shuffle backwards on the ground putting pressure on his wound, before its wing was broken by something, Derek had kicked its wing as he moved to kick the other wing, the kick landed on the chest of the Gargoyle causing little to no damage. As the gargoyle raised its claws to attack Derek, "Fluctus Impulsa" a voice chanted and the Gargoyle froze paralysed in its position, the same words were chanted over and over again until the Gargoyle magically exploded into pieces of stone and rubble.

Derek saw Y/n standing with a hand stretched out to where the Gargoyle and his hand pressing on his wound, "Shockwave spell, works every time." he huffed as Derek moved toward him helping him as they left the school entering his car on their way back to his loft where the rest of the pack was. The car ride there was silent, Y/n was too focused on his wound while Derek was busy driving silently worrying about him. They reached the loft where Derek helped Y/n inside and began to help clean his wounds.

The pack came into the room and saw the blood on Y/n's shirt. "What happened to him?" Lydia asked, worried about the state of her brother. "We found the Gargoyle, he got himself hit by it." Derek explained, carefully stitching the wound, Y/n rolled his eyes "Oh, yes because I deliberately got myself hit. That makes perfect sense." he remarked, sarcastically before continuing "You're the one he tossed around like a rag doll." "If I didn't do something it would've killed you. I knew you shouldn't have gone." Derek responded, annoyed. "If I hadn't gone, you wouldn't have been able to kill it, meaning you would've died." Y/n argued.

"Enough! Why can't you guys see that you care about each other?" Scott asked, looking between Y/n and Derek who both made confused faces at the teen alpha. "He's right, the sexual tension between you two is suffiocating." Isaac agreed, as the rest of the pack nodded their heads in agreement. "It's like watching a very annoying 'will they, won't they'" Lydia commented. "You guys may not say that you care about each other but it's pretty obvious you do." Kira spoke, the pack then left the two standing there slightly embarrassed.

"Is it true? Do you care about me?" Y/n asked, in a quiet voice before looking at Derek who was already looking at him. "I do, I care about you...more than you can ever know." Derek answered as he grabbed Y/n's hands in his. "What about you? Do you care about me too?" Derek asked back at him, "I do, I care about you a lot." Y/n answered, causing a small smile to etch itself onto Derek's face before he slowly leaned, gently grabbing Y/n's cheek and pressing his lips onto Y/n's. Y/n kissed back and softened under Derek's touch, before they pulled away from each other while looking at each other affectionately. "Would you like to go out with me? On a date?" Derek proposed, Y/n smiled at him "I would love that." he agreed nodding his head.