Loving You is a Losing Game - Stiles Stilinski x Male!Reader

We've all had that pair where one person falls in love way before the other. It starts with a lingering glance or two, then excessive worrying, maybe a little jealousy. You watch them get deeper and deeper while the other person has no idea and the whole time you're just sitting there like you poor asshole.

Well, that was Stiles.

He was the poor asshole, head over heels for (Y/n).

Stiles couldn't do much, he was just human, he didn't have super abilities likes Scott or Lydia. He was just Stiles. Sarcastic little Stiles, who is only good for doing some research to aid the pack. But, you. You are a werewolf, you've got the strength, the heightened senses, the abilities - you're capable of protecting yourself.

See, all Stiles want to do is wrap you in his arms, telling you that it'll be okay and he'll protect the both of you.

Stiles doesn't really know when he started having a crush on you, perhaps it was after realising pining of Derek was pointless and he was way out of his age range. Perhaps it was the way you turned your head with the goofiest smile direct at him and Stiles almost collapsed at the sight.

But, whatever it is, Stiles had always caught himself staring at you. He just couldn't help it, you were such a handsome guy - you're beauty was out of this world. Your laugh was warm, your stance was protective, your presence was calming - he felt safe. He just couldn't help but try and sneak a peek at you.

He thought it was just a crush, something that'll go away in a month at most, but then came the sleepless nights wondering if you're thinking about him. The sleepless nights wondering if you're safe and imagining life with you as his boyfriend. Then, he realises he's in too deep.

And you're completely oblivious to his obvious pining, you only see him as a friend whilst the pack only can stare at Stiles with pity.

"You know you have to let it go, you're even worst with (Y/n) than you were with Lydia!" Scott exclaimed as Stiles gave his best friend a look, almost glaring, almost scowling.

"Shut up, Scott, there's something about him that's different from Lydia and Derek."

"That he's cute?"

"No, the other two were cute as well, and it's not him being supernatural because Lydia equal Banshee and Derek is a werewolf."

"Hmm, listen, man, you need to get it together," Scott spoke honestly, looking at his best friend in the eye as he put a heavy hand on Stiles' shoulder, "I'd be rooting for you if it happens, but..."

"He doesn't seem to take notice of me, I get it, it's hopeless."

"What's hopeless?"

The two boys jumped at the sudden voice as they turned around to see you, one hand on the strap of your bag as you looked mildly concerned and confused.

"It's nothing," Stiles says, offering you a weak smile as you smile back at him.

"Just Stiles love life," Scott says afterwards, teasing as you chuckled, swinging your arm over Stiles' shoulder, missing how his cheeks blushed so hard.

"Don't worry, Stiles, you'll get yourself a pretty woman or a handsome man, they'll be out there somewhere."

"Yeah," Stiles says softly, though you don't take notice of the upset tone in his voice.

Scott looks at his best friend with soft eyes, as Stiles takes time to glare at him - he doesn't want his pity. Though he can't help but feel somewhat jealous of his old friend, he always gets the girl - the girl he's always wanted. He's been in a relationship more times than Stiles has and Stiles can't help but feel envious.

"Any man, woman, person would be lucky to have you as their partner, Stiles, you're a real catch."

You continued, trying to cheer up your human friend, unknown that you are the reason for his heart breaking and not wanting anyone other than you. Stiles does wish that you'd turn around one day and see how hopelessly in love he is with you.

But, he doesn't know if you swing that way and it seems like at the end of the day, he'll keep loving you and you wouldn't even know. He's just hopeless, and loving you is a losing game.

"You're a great guy, Stiles, don't put yourself down too much."

"I'll try not to."