Sick Love - Aiden Steiner x Male Reader

Y/n had been taking care of his younger brother, Kayden, for about a year now since his parents had passed away in an accident. They didn't have other family to take care of them so instead of being separated in foster care or adoption, Y/n decided to emancipate himself making him eligible for custody over his brother and inheritance left behind. Granted it wasn't easy having to sustain a living for him and his brother, while going to school and picking a job at the veterinary for extra money.

Having all this responsibility made it difficult for Y/n to have a social life. He had one or two friends from his classes but no serious relationships, that is until Aiden and Ethan Steiner enrolled at Beacon Hills High School. Y/n met Aiden when they bumped into each other in the library, where Y/n was searching for books to use for his research project, they apologised to each other and continued to talk with a flirt from Aiden thrown in here and there.

From that day onward Aiden would hang out with Y/n whenever he could which is how he became friends with Ethan as well until Aiden finally got enough courage to ask Y/n on a date which he accepted and they continued to go on dates, which lead to Aiden asking Y/n to be his boyfriend. Y/n never thought with the life he had he would be able to get a boyfriend but Aiden was understanding of Y/n's situation, he was kind and compassionate towards him and that was something Y/n loved about Aiden.

Aiden walked into school on Friday with his twin his eyes scanned the crowd of students looking for his boyfriend, when he couldn't find Y/n by his locker he decided to hone his other senses either trying to pick up on Y/n's sweet voice or his distinct smell neither of which he could pick up on. "What's wrong?" Ethan's voice sounded breaking Aiden of his search. "I can't find Y/n anywhere and I'm worried, he's never absent." Aiden responded, still searching for his boyfriend. "Relax, he's probably just running late. I'm sure you'll see him in class, now let's go." Ethan comforted, which didn't do much to ease Aiden's worries.

Aiden had gone through the entire school day without seeing Y/n and he tried calling him only to get to his voicemail. Aiden got on his bike and rode to Y/n's house and walked up to knock on the door, he heard footsteps moving towards the door. Y/n opened the door looking dishevelled and tired, "Hey, Aiden." Y/n spoke, his voice was sore. Aiden's eyes softened at Y/n's appearance; he moved inside, closing the door and took Y/n's hands in his own, meeting his eyes. "Hey, you weren't at school and you didn't answer your phone. What's wrong?" Aiden questioned, moving his hand to place on Y/n's forehead feeling the extreme heat.

"Kayden and I came down with a flu, I had to stay back to take care of him." Y/n expressed, nasally as brought a tissue to his nose. Aiden brought Y/n into a hug and tried to give him a kiss but Y/n moved away. "No, I don't want to get you sick." Y/n whined, "I can't get sick remember, perks of being a werewolf" Aiden said, busy moving Y/n upstairs to his room. They walked past Kayden's room to find him fast asleep under blankets. "That medicine really did knock him out, huh?" Y/n noted as they got to his room.

Aiden moved the blankets and positioned Y/n into the bed and he watched him adjust himself comfortably. "Did you already eat? Did you have some medicine?" Aiden insistently questioned worried for the state of his boyfriend, Y/n merely nodding as he slowly drifted off to sleep. Aiden was about to leave but he felt a tug on his arm and looked back to see his boyfriend pulling him to the bed "Stay. Please." Y/n mumbled, using the little strength he had to pull Aiden closer to him.

Aiden got on the bed and wrapped his arm around Y/n pulling him close to his chest. Y/n felt himself being embraced by Aiden and enjoyed the warmth, closing his eyes. Y/n woke up to find his side empty, his eyes were blinded by the rise of the sun, as he wondered where Aiden was and as if on cue he walked in with a tray of breakfast and a cup of tea. "Good Morning, sleepyhead." Aiden teased, presenting Y/n with the tray. "You slept throughout the entire day yesterday. I made you some breakfast and I gave Kayden his too, with his medicine." Aiden continued.

"What did I do to deserve you?" Y/n asked, looking at Aiden lovingly. "You don't have to do anything, this is just something I wanted to do for you." Aiden confessed. "I love you." Y/n spoke, he started to eat a bit before he realised what he said. They had never said those words to each other before, his eyes widened as he looked up to see Aiden smiling back at him "I love you too." They shared a kiss before Kayden ran into the room, "When are we gonna watch a movie?" he asked, directly looking at Aiden which caused Y/n to look at his boyfriend too. "I may have promised him that we would watch a movie." Aiden shrugged with a smirk as he felt the five-year-old boy tug at his arm trying to pull him. "Go on, I'll meet you both downstairs." Y/n waved them off and as they left the room, he couldn't help but smile at himself at what happened.