Chapter Four

Ponyboy Curtis

    All I remember was the rumble. Darry was about to fight Paul and then Dally showed up. After that, a bright light appeared and then we were here. And by we I meant Darry, Sodapop, Two-Bit, Steve, Dally, and Johnny. Wait. Johnny?
     "How'd we get here?" Sodapop asked out loud. I didn't really listen because I ran over to Johnny and gave him a big hug.
     "Johnny! You're okay!"
     "Oof!" was his reply.
     "I guess so pony." he said. Everyone looked at us.
     "It's a miracle." Darry whispered. Sodapop ran over to us and joined the hug. That's when everyone else joined in. Everyone but Dally.
     "Johnny?" he said.
     We all looked at him and stepped away from Johnny.
     "It's me Dal. I'm okay." Johnny said with a lopsided grin. I'd never seen Dally look so fragile. So... afraid.
     "Johnny!" he said, hugging him. And for the first time ever, I saw Dally cry. He was crying and laughing.
     "Don't ever be stupid like that again! You're the only thing I love. You're like a kid brother to me." Johnny, who was crushed into Dally, blushed.
     "Aww shucks Dally. I love you too." Steve patted Dally on the back.
     "Man that's deep." Two-bit said. Just then we looked around.
     "Where are we?" Steve asked.
     "We're in someone's backyard." I say.
     We were going to leave when we heard a door open. Turning around we saw two girls.   
     "What are you doing in my backyard?" the older one asked.