Chapter Twenty-Five

Dallas Winston

Just as we entered the dark theater, Makayla whispered "I hope you can handle this movie. Here in the future, the movies look real." I laughed. Never in my life had I been scared of a stupid monster on a screen, and I wasn't about to start now. We walked up the steps to get seats in the back row and I almost dropped our bucket of popcorn on the way up. Makayla looked back at me. She really thought that I wouldn't be able to handle this movie? Whenever I'm sure of something, I put a bet on it. I mean come on! It's a sure fire way to get what I want. "Hey, Let's make a bet. If I'm not scared at the end of this movie, you have to give me a kiss on the lips." Even in the darkness, I could see her laugh. "And if I win?"

I thought for a moment. "If you win, I'll buy you twenty dollars worth of candy and other snacks." As soon as I finished talking she nodded. "Deal." I leaned back in my seat and grinned, knowing that I'd won the bet.

I was shaking after the movie. Who knew that Insidious Chapter 3 would be so scary? That creepy ghost guy lifted that girl off of her bed. I stood up in the middle of the movie and grabbed Makayla's hand, prepared to run. "I told you the movie was too scary." said with a smile. "Who's scared?" Even though I tried to act tough, I knew I'd lost the bet.