Chapter Twenty-Two

Dallas Winston

Makayla Jones gave me a look of disgust. I wasn't worried though. Many girls have given me the exact same look before they gave in. What made Makayla so different? It's obvious that she'll end up being my girlfriend. Leaning against the door frame, I give her my sexiest smirk. "I really want to slap you." she said, her arms crossed. I cringed, remembering when she beat me up two days ago. I never hit her back, I just kept trying to put my hands on her waist. Luckily for me, she was too angry to notice. "Oh. So are you gonna bop me one again?" I asked, pretending to be scared.

Makayla looked at me silently for a few moments. "Nah. Your bruises are still fresh." She pointed to my black eye.  Something flashed in her eyes. Was it... regret? Did she regret hurting me? The emotion left as quickly as it came. "Why are you here?" she asked nastily. I ran a hand through my greasy hair. I suddenly felt a little nervous. "I'm here to take you out. You know... On a date." I said, trying to sound nonchalant. Makayla smiled. "Depends on where we're going." Reaching into the pocket of my leather jacket, I pulled out two movie tickets. "'Insidious Chapter 3'?" she murmured to herself when she took them from me. 

I almost laughed when she looked at me and asked, "Are you paying for snacks too?" I nodded and a genuine smile crept onto her face. "I'm in. Meet you there." She approached me and put her hands on my chest. I knew I was good, but I didn't know I was this good. I closed my eyes and leaned in for a kiss when I was shoved into the hallway. "See you at the movies!" And then she slammed the door. Getting up, I heard a giggle on the other side of the door. Shaking my head, I went back to my apartment. Makayla Jones was gonna love me. I was sure of it.