Chapter Six

Adele Robinson

Here I was, trying to prove that it really was the year 2015. Hmm... "Come." I said. I step outside and I hear someone whistle low, which causes me to look down at myself. I was wearing some boxers and a baggy t-shirt that my black bra could be seen through. "Shut up Dally!" one boy said. So the whistler was Dally, eh? He was tall-ish, about 5"9 with greasy dark brown hair. He had eyes that were such a dark shade of brown that they were almost black. Obsidian. Dally had a hardness about him, like he'd grown up too fast.

"I can do whatever I want, Sodapop." Dally said. I looked over at the boy he was snapping at. So he must be Sodapop. He was gorgeous and had certain charm. He was about two inches shorter than Dally and although he was skinny, I could tell he had muscles underneath his t-shirt. A girl knows.

Maybe they were from 1965. All of them either wore leather jackets, jean jackets, or plain white t-shirts. "Let's just follow her." one of them said. Bambi reached out and grabbed the back of my shirt before walking with me. Going to the edge of my wooden fence, I said, "Take a look at the cars." Even though it was night, the street lights made it easy to see. The boys jumped and looked over the fence to see Toyotas and Nissans.

"She was right." I heard someone say. He was tall and had bulging muscles. I could tell he was over eighteen. "What now?" said a boy with black hair. His skin was darker than everyone else's and he reminded me of a lost puppy. "Well now you need to prove that you're from 1965." They all thought for a moment.

Then I remembered something. Makayla was so into clothes that she taught me all the different clothing brand names and when certain things came out. "Let me see your jackets." I said. Sodapop took off his leather jacket and came over to me. Bambi hid behind me and peeked at him. He smiled at her before handing me the jacket. I looked at the tag on the inside and my eyes widened. "I know this brand. You really are from the sixties!"