Chapter Twenty-Six

Dallas Winston

As the credits rolled, I sat in my seat, scared to death. Why would they make movies look so real? I kept thinking that the demon was really going to jump out the screen at me. I shuddered, and Makayla looked over and grinned. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. 

"Don't say nothin'," I grumbled. She sighed and I felt her grab my chin so that I would turn my face toward her. "Yeah, you lost the bet and yeah, you're a scaredy-cat. But, I still want to kiss you." 

Was she serious? I couldn't believe what she'd said. I was so busy thinking about how I was gonna kiss her that I was caught off guard when her lips found mine. She kissed me so hard that her forehead hit mine, and we both burst out laughing. 

"I was so nervous that I thought I was gonna goof it up but girl you were comin' in too hot!" I said between laughs. When I looked over at Makayla, she'd stopped laughing and her face was serious. Suddenly, I was feeling awfully nervous. "What's wrong? You're not gonna punch me again, are ya?" I asked.

She punched my shoulder all soft like and gave me a half-smile. "No boy, I was gonna say that that was my first kiss, and I wanted to do it so bad that I couldn't help that I came in too hot." Something changed in her eyes then, the way girls get when things start to get all hot and heavy. I've made out with girls before, but things were different with Kayla. There weren't any girls like her where I came from. I wanted to do things right this time, and 

"Well? Are you gonna say somethin' or are you gon' sit there lookin' stupid?" She wasn't smiling anymore, and she looked kinda annoyed and guarded. I could tell that she was embarrassed, and was tryna hide it by being mean. I used to do that, too. 

"I was tryna figure out how to do this right. I really like you Kayla, and I don't wanna mess this up like I did with other girls." Leaning in, I kissed her again. This time it was soft. I'd never kissed a girl like this. It was always hard and fast, but right now I wanted to take my time. We made out in the empty theater until someone came to kick us out.

NOTE:

I'm sorry that I made everyone wait so long for this chapter. I started this story in 8th grade, and I'm now going to be a sophomore in college studying nursing. LOL. I'm really trying to keep the writing style similar to how it was when I was 13 but it's really hard XD.