Chapter Seven

Darrel Curtis

How could we have gone through time? How is Johnny okay? "We are going to need a place to stay." I said. Everyone nods in agreement. "I can give you the garage." the older girl said. "It's fixed up with a bathroom and kitchen and stuff. My dad doesn't go in there so..." she trailed off. "Why would you have all that in a garage?" Two-Bit asked. "To get away from Da-" the little girl started before stopping herself. "Well thanks Miss." Ponyboy said to the older girl. "Oh it's no problem. Stay as long as you like. I'll go get some covers and pillows." she said. "Wait!" Sodapop said. Oh boy. I could tell he had a crush on her.

He always got that same twinkle in his eye when he was around Sandy. I hated her. She broke my kid brother's heart. "What's your name?" he asked. "My name is Adele Robinson, but everyone calls me Addie." She then looked down at the little girl. "This is my little sister, Bambi. She's eight, and I'm sixteen." The two disappeared into their house. "Well I guess we're stuck here." Two-Bit said. "I think we should stay here with Adele until we know more about this time." I say. Johnny looked up at me. "That's a good idea." Just then, Dally laughed. "Did she say her little sister's name was Bambi?"