CHAPTER 1.5

"Your grace, May I show you around?", James said after Royal dinner.

"It will be an honour, Your highness." Lorcan replied.

James started showing him around. He took him to all the places available to general public.

On the way, two didn't talk much but there was harmony among them.

After few hours, Lorcan finally decided to leave.

............................................................

In the academy, it was almost time for summer vacation.

So Lorcan decided to stay there for a while. Lorcan had gotten pretty close to royal family members in this time period.

Lorcan was sitting in his office. He was dealing with some work related issues while calmly drinking his coffee.

When a messenger suddenly arrived from Nigela.

"Your grace, greetings my lord" messenger bowed.

Lorcan looked at the messenger who was obviously worried, it seems something happened.

"Your grace, a war, neighbouring country had launched a war on Nigela" messenger said

"Go to the royal palace" Lorcan said as he moved outside

Nigela was the border of empire. His family for over centuries has been protecting empire

Lorcan went to royal palace and informed the emperor of current situation and left to join the war.

As he was about to leave:

"Your grace" a familiar voice sounded.

It was prince James

"Your Highness"

James moved forward and hugged Lorcan, he stiffened. This sudden hug had seriously surprised him.

Actually he had noticed James feelings for him early on.

James looked at Lorcan's face and kissed him. While looking into his surprised eyes.

"This is how I feel about you, once you win this war. We will talk about it".

James turned red. As he said it and he ran away without looking back.

............................................................

Originally during this war, org owner has started dating Cassius and Rhys was in Nigela. So, Rhys led the war. While Lorcan stayed in the capital.

It was at this war that Rhys earned merits that allowed him to live even though his brother tried to kill 2nd prince.

Normally, such crime means that the whole family would be executed.

In this life, Rhys was in academy so either way he would have to lead this war.

Lorcan left for Nigela, after travelling for 3 days nonstop he was finally able to reach Nigela.

Thankfully the situation was under control.

"Your grace" commander of the nigela army greeted.

Lorcan observed the situation

After getting the situation. Lorcan proposed a plan which was perfect to subdue the army in most minimum time.

But it would Lorcan in danger.

The plan was something like this

Nigela was actually a mountainous region and there is only one way to come to Nigela from neighboring empire so Lorcan decided that in beginning he would fight with empires soldier with the sheer number of 1000 against 10000. They would use mountains to create an illusion that the number of soldier is as much as theirs. Then they would pretend to loose in the end when the soldiers of empire think they had won.

Lorcan would order a retreat. And then lead to the place where they would be surrounded by the main army. This surprise attack would lead to Empire's victory.

The idea was immediately accepted. Now all that was left was to implement this plan

And then it began Lorcan fought bravely against the enemy. Even if he was hurt he didn't stop. Enemy was already under the illusion they are winning.

Lorcan ordered for a retreat.

As expected enemy followed after them

But for some reason one of the troupe decided to retreat when they were nearing the destination but it was already to late.

Lorcan gave the signal and army began to attack

That's how Lorcan finally succeeded and victory belonged to Empire.

Lorcan and his men defeated enemy's 10000 with sheer numbers of 5000 soldier in total.

The news spread far and wide.

Lorcan took care of the aftermath of the war.

According to international laws enemy had to give a part of their land if they are defeated. So a new part of territory was subjected under Nigela

Even after years people would laugh at enemy. Saying that they could not even win even after bringing double of Nigela's army.

But that is the talk of future.

To be continued.....

Author's note: To be honest I am not really sure if this war part is well written or not. I just wrote whatever cam to mind so please do tell me if you liked it or not

Next chp would be last part of this arc. After that I'll upload 1 chp a week.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.