CHAPTER 3.5

*JING YAN'S FATHER'S POV*
*POV IS FROM WHEN JING YAN WAS 15*

It has been 15 years since my beloved passed away, She was my 1 and only love.

I had another ger and another woman in my harem.

But she was the only one I truly loved.

That day, I had spent a night with 3rd concubine. When suddenly a news came that 2nd concubine fell in the water.

But 3rd concubine was pregnant with 3rd prince. She wasn't feeling well So, I couldn't just leave her alone or else it could cause me some trouble with ministers.

Ministers had been making fuss about how I treat other concubines unjustly.

By the time I got to second concubine, she was already breathing her last breaths.

She told me to take care of our son in her final moment

Initially, I looked after my son with great care.

But as he grew older, he kept reminding me of second concubine.

Everything, when he would move, when he would drink, eat, I would start imagining if 2nd concubine was here.

If she was here.........

Every moment felt like an hour without her.

Every hour felt like a century......

And it tortured me, I was dying from inside.

Then, I finally couldn't take it anymore.

I sent my second son to one of farthermost palaces.

So that the child wouldn't torture me like this.

I would purposely avoid my second son.

Over the time, I even started punishing people for mentioning 2nd prince.

No matter how important or minor the news was. I wouldn't allow people to let me hear it.

But today I had a terrifying dream. I saw that my second son was dying.

Then, I saw my second concubine was screaming at me. My second concubine who was always kind and gentle was screaming at me for killing our son.

When, I woke up from my dream, I froze there then I remembered the person who was raising my son.

I was at least relieved thinking that my son was in trusted hands.

My son's nanny, she was a very good friend of my wife.

My son wouldn't suffer as long as he was with her.

I still remember that woman, she always treated my wife like an elder sister.

She also has a son, he is around the same age as my son. She would never leave my son alone. She would always take care of him.

I couldn't take it anymore, my head was hurting. I was terrified. I need to see my son, right away.

got up and got ready.

I hurriedly came out of mine courtyard.

I staggered to the carriage and was carried near the second princes courtyard.

I got out and looked around.

No one was around and the place looked like it had been deserted for years.

I moved forward.

There was no one there. Not even a single person.

"Where is second prince", My voice was slightly hoarse.

I didn't get an answer.

I asked again....

"Where is my son?, where is second prince?"

Again, I didn't get an answer.

I finally turned around.

All of my servants and maids were kowtowing.

"Are u all deaf, where is my son, where is he?"

I almost hysterically asked

"Summon everyone in this palace, today if they can't tell me where my son is then it'll be their last day"

Within 15 minutes, every one was there.

"Where is second prince?"

I looked at the head maid.

"Where is second prince"

She trembled and fell on her knees.

"Y-Your majesty, this slave doesn't know. P-please spare this slave."

"If you don't know then who does"

In my anger, I unsheathed my sword.

Everyone fell on their knees

And said in one voice "PLEASE, HAVE MERCY YOUR MAJESTY."

"Mercy, hah, sure if u can tell me where my son is then I'll have mercy."

I stabbed the head maid in my anger.

My concubines and my sons and daughters were also there.

I pointed at my eldest son and spoke to him

"You tell me, you have been having classes with 2nd prince every morning, yet you don't know where he is"

My oldest son trembled.

He had never seen this side of me.

I always treated my children with care and love as to never let the dark side of this world be revealed.

My son hurriedly kowtowed me

"I-Imperial father, this son doesn't know, h-he hasn't seen sec-second brother for o-over 2 years"

My oldest son said in trembling voice.

I almost couldn't believe what I heard. For 2 years, nobody knew where he has been. There was no maids or servants at this courtyard that was allocated for my son. Where could he even go?

I summoned my shadow guards.

"Search, search for second prince, tell me where he is."

I felt vulnerable. I couldn't even protect my son. My second son, mine and my beloved only child

To be continued.....