CHAPTER 3.2

"Hey are you awake, I am Shin zhou, how do u feel now"
Fourth prince hastily asked when he saw the boy was awake.

The boy just stared at him without saying anything.

He knew that it was rude to not to reply to a person.

But he was vary of strangers....

Or to be more precise, he was vary of everyone........

Shin zhou moved his hand toward the boy.

'Oh no is he gonna slap me because I didn't respond to him....'

The boy closed his eyes.

His body stiffened.

His body was trembling

Such a little boy was bearing himself.

He was waiting for the slap.

When suddenly a gentle hand ruffled through his hair.

"How do u feel now?" A gentle voice sounded, he asked again but this time he was more gentle and calm.

"It's alright if you don't want to speak. Just nod or shake ur head, ok?"

The boy nodded.

As they were talking a knock was heard on the door.

"Come in" Shin zhou said.

It was the same blonde physician from earlier.

"You are awake kid, I am a physician. My name is Ming bai How are you feeling now"

The boy lightly nodded to indicate that he was well.

"Let me check ur pulse", Ming bai moved forward and grabbed the boys hand.

The boy started trembling with just a touch of stranger.

Noticing the boy's tremble, Shin zhou started comforting the boy.

Soon, the boy calmed and his lips were slightly upturned and he looked shy.

He probably wasn't used to having someone treat him this kindly.

Looking at the boy's reaction Shin zhou chuckled lightly.

Ming bai looked at both of them and his heart softened.

He then said

"He is severely malnourished, other then that every thing is better. But not alright."

"His fever has gone down, his injuries are slightly better"

"He will be able to heal within a week. That is if the abuse didn't continue."

"For now, he should eat some hot porridge"

The blonde physician motioned the maid nearby.

The maid went ahead to make some porridge.

Soon the maid returned and Jing yan was fed some hot porridge.

They also changed his clothes to something warmer.

Jing yan couldn't help but tear up, last time he ate something this tasty was when he was still with his nanny.

His nanny loved him and his brother(nanny's son) very much.

She would look at them with caring gaze.

Even though back then, they still wouldn't have much to eat and maids would always say mean words, but he had nanny and big brother.

But then big brother died and nanny said that he was an evil star. Nanny started hating me and soon left the palace.

That's when maids abuse truly started, most of the time he wouldn't even have anything to eat.

Maids would even make him clean up the whole courtyard.

This is the first time when he had been treated this kindly.

Then he opened his mouth and said "y...a..n"

His cheeks had a red blush on them.

The boys voice almost sounded like a murmur. But shin Zhou was still able to hear it.

'So cute!' Shin zhou thought

"Yan, is that ur name?"

The boy nodded, lightly.

"Then, can I call u A-yan from now on."

A-yan nodded again.

"A-yan can call me brother Zhou."

"B..roth...er..... Zh...ou..... Br......othe....r......Zh...ou Broth.....er.......Zh....ou Brother.....Zhou"

A-yan repeatedly murmured the name till he was able to call him properly.

Finally, he called out, in a slightly louder voice, with a beautiful smile planted on his face.

"Brother Zhou" the voice still sounded like a whisper.

Looking at A-yan's smile, shin zhou felt like something in his heart was triggered.

Envoys from yon had already stayed for over a month, according to the schedule they will leave next week. Which was about enough time for A-yan to heal.

A-yan stayed with them for only a few days, then he returned to his courtyard.

Even after Shin zhou's repeated insistence for him to stay in Shin Zhou's courtyard, A-yan still choose to leave.

When A-yan returned his maid hadn't even notice that he had disappeared for few days.

Shin zhou would meet A-yan everyday. They chose a place in the middle of both courtyard to meet.

Shin Zhou would always give A-yan something to eat.

Time slowly passed a week had already passed, now it was time for Shin Zhou to leave. When Shin Zhou told A-yan that he will leave today.

A-yan surprisingly didn't say anything. He just hugged, Shin Zhou.

When he noticed that it was time for him to leave. He let go of him.

Smiled and said

"brother zhou"

Seeing such a well behaved kid, Shin Zhou wanted to bring him with him, but he knew h

Shin Zhou situation wasn't that optimistic either. Right now many people were after his life.

If he brought the kid outside, Will he be able to protect him...... Perhaps not.

A-yan is also not willing to leave with Shin zhou.......

"A-yan you must promise brother Zhou that u will live no matter what, You won't give up. Brother Zhou promises that we will meet again in the future. Alright?"

A-yan nodded.

To be continued..........