CHAPTER 3.12

*1 year after jing yan ascended the throne*

"Your majesty, please accept a wife in your harem" A minister came forward.

Since, I ascended the throne, ministers have been forcing me to accept a concubine.

I have always rejected them one way or another, but over the time their forces just seems to grow.

I guess, I can't run away for that long and I have to take a concubine in my harem.

But I don't want many people in my harem, I'd rather just take one wife.

I looked at the ministers who were kneeling in from of me.

"Very well, find a suitable suitor for me" I didn't really care who this person was, a ger or a woman.

As soon as I said it almost all ministers, put forward a suitors for me.

I didn't really care who the other party was as long as they can be beneficial to this kingdom.

...........................................................

Few months had passed since then now Jing yan was sitting in imperial library and thinking about the recent situation and reading the memorials.

My marriage became a very serious issue.

Almost all ministers had someone in mind and they were fighting each other. Initially they chose 5 concubines for me but since I insisted that I'll only accept one concubine. They had to admit defeat.

In the end, even my father got involved in this issue. His condition had been really better these days.

Well now I am set to be married to the fourth prince of Yon, Shin Zhou.

From what I have heard. Shin Zhou is a very capable person. He was also one of the best candidates for throne. But then he grew his red mole and became a ger.

Now he is one of the most pursued candidate.

Today, a matchmaker would be send to Yon to ask for Shin Zhou's hand in marriage.

If things go well then, we will get married within a year.

............................................................

3 months have passed now. Today, our engagement was settled.

The process of engagement was really simple. I just had to give gifts to the bride's family, if they accept the gift then that means they agree to the marriage. Few weeks ago the gifts were send. And today they got to yon and were accepted.

The ministers have already started making preparations for this wedding. It will take them over a month, doing such preparation and its actually totally normal.

Emperor's wedding is basically a festival. The whole country celebrate this day. So, preparation had to be made for whole nation.

...........................................................

Time is progressing so fast that years feels like months, months feel days and days feels like hours.

Now, its already time for Jing yan's marriage ceremony. Shin Zhou will arrive from Yon tomorrow. Then, a ceremony will be held.

Right now, Jing yan is very busy. According to royal tradition groom or bride cannot do any kind of work  for 3 days after their marriage.

So, Jing yan has to complete all of his work today. Most important things will be handed to Shan yu in these days.

The rest will be done after this period of 3 days

Next day, Shin zhou who was already dressed in bridal attire entered the palace.

jing yan escorted Shin Zhou and helped him from the carriage.

He held Shin zhou's hand and lead him to the ancestral hall.

Former emperor and third Prince who was sitting in a wheel chair  were present in the ancestral hall.

Former emperor was sitting in parents seat.

Jing yan made three bows with Shin zhou.

First bow to heaven

Second bow to parents

Third bow to each other

Then accepted Shin zhou as his wife.

After that Shi Zhou was led to the bridal chamber while Jing yan greeted the guests.

All of the ministers were present there to witness the emperor's wedding.

The whole country was celebrating this joyous occasion.

Han wu and General Han were also there.

Jing yan has always treated General Han like a father.

And Han wu like a brother.

To be continued......