CHAPTER 3.8

(DESCRIPTION OF CHILD ABUSE)

*EMPEROR'S POV*

It has been 2 weeks since I learned of all that my son has gone through.

In past 2 weeks, I searched for whatever else information, I could find. I want to know more about my son.

I got all the information that I could find.

When, A-yan was around 3 years old. He was already labelled as an unfavoured prince by everyone, People would treat him with disdain and hate him.

Due to 1st and 3rd concubine's backing, maids started abusing my second son, embezzlement, physical abuse and everything else.

But back then A-yan's nanny was still there. So, he didn't suffer much. He suffered, but not as much as he did later on.

A-yan's nanny was like a mother to A-yan. She treated him like she treated her own son.

But she wasn't his birth mother.....

In front of one's own child. The child that was from her own womb. A-yan was nothing.

Nanny's own child had a very severe fever. But being the nanny of an unfavoured prince. She couldn't get any medical attention.

In the end, that child died without receiving any medical treatment. The women lost herself, she didn't know what to do. And then started blaming A-yan. She lost her ability to think. She went crazy.

She started blaming A-yan for her child's death.

She told him that he was an evil star, who shouldn't have been born and he was the reason why his mother and her son died.

After some time, nanny couldn't hold it and had to leave the royal palace. Her mental condition was really unstable.

After she left, A-yan didn't have anyone else who could protect him.

He had plenty of injuries all over his body.

He wouldn't even be given any food. And sometimes just to survive, he even had to go and steal from imperial kitchen.

How low have I fallen, my own son a respected member of imperial family had to steal just to fill his own stomach.

How could it be?

My ignorance had cost my son his childhood and almost his life.

As he grew older, he became more and more malnourished.

Then, he started his education. Initially, he showed great talent in all aspects.

The young man was bright and brilliant. This caused other princes who has always been spoiled to be jealous.

They started treating him with obvious contempt and hatred.

Which caused servants to treat A-yan even more badly.

In an attempt to please two princes, A-yan's teacher and other servant or maids started using underhanded methods.

It went on like this when that that day, 1st prince pour hot tea over 2nd prince.

2nd prince couldn't take it anymore and spoke up against 1st prince.

And it just gave him an excuse.

"You mentally r*tarded bastard, how dare you go against this prince, guards make him kneel and lock him up in the dungeon"

1st prince had 2nd prince locked up in the dungeon, where he was tortured. He was whipped and burned and tortured.

More terrible then one can imagine.

He went through it all when he was just a 13 years old child.

Even adults wouldn't be able to handle it but he.....

But he gritted his teeth and endured it all.

Then 1st prince who was tired of seeing him in pain, tired of seeing him holding on to his will, decided that he will have him raped and then be sold to a brothel.

My son.....

My brave son.......

Please forgive your father, you have endured so much......

All because this father of yours is useless

..............................................................

Years have already passed since I learned of that incident. I just received the news that my son has won against the Soum.

I was relieved and glad, now I need to announce the decision that I made few years ago.

Even after learning everything, I didn't punish the princes, instead I captured all the people who went against him.

Their fate will be decided by their victim.

I took out the edict and called the Eunuch. I told him to go to the borders to announce this decree.

The eunuch left with the imperial edict. Then, the next morning, I had another eunuch announce the same edict in the morning court.

Everyone were surprised, especially first and third prince. Their expression looked like this world came to end.

Then, I send an eunuch to announce the decree in the capital.

That day looked like a festival. Everyone was laughing with joy.

I felt proud and sorrow.

...........................................................

Few months passed and my son finally returned. He looked a lot like his deceased mother.

His face was expressionless.

Then I remembered what General Han told me about him never smiling since that incident.

Just hearing about it is different.

Then, actually looking at the victim and understanding what he has been through.

I looked at my son, I wanted to say something to him but I didn't know what to say to him.

Tell him I am proud of him. Ask him for forgiveness, beg him to forgive me.

But, Do I even have the right to do so..........

No! Right?

It wasn't a question, he knew the answer himself.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: That's it for emperor's pov. And Jing yan's past. Next is face slapping time.

Well, I think emperor's guilt is the biggest revenge on him. This guilt that he couldn't protect his son or his lover.

I also think that nanny wasn't really guilty. She was just a victim in her own story.

I feel like its in this type of story where mcs of other novels transmigrate.

Like the nanny or 1st prince, mc's deceased nother, then even a passerby.

I don't know if its just me......