CHAPTER 3.6

(CONTENT WARNING: DESCRIPTION OF CHILD ABUSE)

*Emperor's pov*

It has almost been a week, I still couldn't get any news of 2nd prince.

Where could he even go, he is nowhere within the palace so where, where could he be?

"Your majesty, General Han requests an audience with your majesty"

A voice sounded outside my chambers.

General Han used to teach swordsmanship to my son. He is also an old friend of mine. Though, he would never come if its nothing urgent.

But right now second Prince's matter has me truly worried, I can't deal with any more drama.

"Tell General that I am busy and will see him later" I commanded.

"This- Your majesty, General Han says that he know where his royal highness the second prince is."

"Hurry up and bring him inside" 

He, he knows where my son is, I almost couldn't believe it.

"Long live yo-..."

"Let go of formalities"

He was about to kowtow and give an official greeting but I stopped him.

"Where is he?"

I asked.

"Is your majesty asking as a ruler or as a friend?"

"What are y-"

"If his majesty is asking as a ruler then I'll simply tell you where he is, if his majesty is asking as a friend then I'll tell you where he is and why is he there"

He had cut of my sentence, which was an extremely rude thing to do, normally his tongue could be cut and fed to dogs, but in this situation both of us didn't care about such a minor detail.

"Tell me as a friend" i said.

"He is currently on the battlefield"

General Han's voice sounded.

"He is one of the people who is currently fighting against Soum's army."

"He entered the army while hiding his identity as a prince. It has been 2 years"

"He is currently leading a small platoon."

"His position might not seem that big, but he started as a mere soldier and becoming a platoon commander within 2 years is quite a big feat that he achieved"

I noticed that my throat was dry. I moved my hand and poured some tea for myself. But my hands were shaky which caused the tea to spill around.

He would be 15 this year so he went to battlefield when he was just 13. He his his identity, so he probably didn't get any special special treatment.

He was treated like a regular soldier.

"........Why......" I spoke after a long time.

My voice was hoarse. I couldn't utter anymore words.

I looked in front of me, General Han was sitting in front of me.

He started speaking again

"I first met the prince, when he was 10, he was pretty malnourished. He didn't even look his age. He was hated by both princes and never had a servant waiting upon him"

"I, as an outsider, couldn't do or say anything. You majesty had made second Prince's name a taboo in his presence, so, none would dare mention him in front of ur majesty. I never treated anyone partially. I also treated all princes the same. If they had the ability, then they could come forward, if not then they are just a waste."

"Over the time, second prince showed his ability, but then suddenly, I noticed that no matter how good the second prince was he would never defeat 1st prince or 3rd prince."

"Initially, I didn't understand why would he pretend to be weaker then other princes. But over the time, I gradually realized that if he defeated the 2 princes or showed that he was better then them, he would be bullied, ignored or beaten up."

"Within a year, he made such progress that he could be called a genius"

"When he was about to turn 12 he came to me and said that he wanted to go to war, No matter what I couldn't allow an 11 y/o to go to war, So I rejected him without thinking twice."

"I also told him that he could die out there. But he replied to me saying that as long as he could eat his full twice a day he didn't mind bearing this danger. He said that and left. Perhaps, he knew that I wouldn't change my mind"

"But those words made my heart shake violently. Still, I wouldn't have changed my mind, but then that incident happened"

General Han stopped talking.

He took the tea and poured some for me and then some for himself.

I drank the tea he poured me, my hands were shaking.

I have know general Han since a very long time ago, he wouldn't change his decision over a small matter.

So, why would he change his decision what happened to him.

And he was abused to this extent.

The child was malnourished and abused.

He didn't even have a servant waiting on him.

The only child of my lover, who should have received all happiness in this world, couldn't even eat his full.

At the age where he should be free willed and enjoying his life he was worried about his food.

To be continued......

Author's note: Next chapter is finally the reveal of that incident.

What do u think happened that changed General Han's decision.