CHAPTER 3.10

Finally, Jing yan's fever went down. He looked really pale.

He had already woken up.

He looked around. He didn't remember what happened.

"Your highness is awake", A maid who was here to look at Jing yan's condition said.

She hurriedly called the physician.

Physician and Emperor both entered the room at the same time.

Emperor's eyes were puffy. He looked like he hadn't slept for the whole night. He seems to have cried.....

This realization made Jing yan stiffen in his place.

He looked at the emperor's face repeatedly, while the physician took his pulse.

Emperor's face was obviously lamented with worry.

He was worried for me.......

Jing yan didn't know if it was a question, a doubt or if he was sure that it was a fact.

"His royal highness' body is weak. This slave has prescribed some medicines. As long as his royal highness takes these medicine and takes care of his diet and mental health. His royal highness will be fine."

In this era, when medicine wasn't developed enough and people would believe that those with mental illnesses are possessed by demons.

In this era, a small movement of physicians had started believing that it was a mental illness. That was caused by severe trauma or depression.

Rather then some kind of witchcraft. These kinds of people shouldn't be killed or isolated instead they should receive treatment.

Physicians have also started researching and developing antidepressants through some herbs.

This world currently don't have all those advanced antidepressants but its still good enough.

Though, there are still majority of people that believe in demons and witch craft, so Jing yan's condition was kept a secret.

If people knows that Jing yan, crown prince the next heir to the throne had a mental illness then it could cause many troubles.

Right now people are very supportive of him so its a bad idea to reveal any kind of information about Jing yan.

Only emperor's trusted people were allowed to serve Jing yan.

Physician bowed towards the Jing yan and emperor and then left.

"How do you feel now?" Emperor said his voice was hoarse.

Jing yan nodded indicating he was well.

Emperor sat down on his knees on the floor besides Jing yan's bed.

"Forgive me, forgive this useless father of yours. I couldn't protect you. Please-please forgive me. I am a useless man, who couldn't protect my beloved, and my own child."

Emperor was crying.

Jing yan hurriedly helped the emperor up.

Emperor was now sitting on Jong yan's bed, jing yan looked at his father.

He looked like a common man, he also used me instead of zhen, he even knelt in front of Jing yan.

"But..... you were right to do that......I am.......an evil star........who shouldn't have been born.......who killed my mother, killed my brother, hurt my nanny and........... caused u pain too"

Jing yan spoke up. His voice was weak. Perhaps because he just woke up or perhaps because these words were really difficult to speak out.

His voice was shaky.

When Emperor heard those words. He immediately spoke up.

"No, they are all wrong. You are my son not an evil star, my child you were born because you were supposed to be born. You were born..born to be loved, loved by me and your mother, but because of my incompetence, you suffered so much. Your mother died too not because of you but because of my incompetence. Its all my fault. You were innocent. You didn't have to suffer so much. You were the victim and I am your perpetrator. I am to be blamed for all that happened to you."

"So, you don't hate me....."

He asked this question that was in his heart. He always believed that emperor hated him.

"So if I am not the cause of their death, then am I not hated either"

Jing yan asked as he choked on his own words.

"No, my child, you are not hated. You are my precious child but because of my incompetence it all happened, Can u please forgive me?"

"I never blamed you."

It is true all this time he truly never blamed emperor or empress dowager.

His hatred was always directed toward 1st and 3rd concubine and 2 princes.

He doesn't hate the emperor or empress dowager.

Emperor moved forward and hugged Jing yan.

Jing yan was slightly uncomfortable but thinking it was his father, the man who loved him.

He didn't push him away.

To be continued.......

Author's note: well, I know you guys were expecting face slapping but don't worry. Next chapter is the faced slapping time.