Part 1; A Destiny Unfolds

~Y/N's Pov~

Stark Industries, is owned by the one and only Tony Stark, who is now one of the world's most-known superheroes. He fights alongside his co-workers in the team, named "The Avengers" which I heard a lot about on the news. Before Nick Fury created this team of superheroes, I worked for Tony. I was one of his assistants, constantly working on his projects with him in the old days. Although, I decided to quit my job once he joined the Avengers, otherwise I'd have to join the Avengers too. I couldn't join them, I don't have powers like the rest of them and Nick Fury only recruited people with special abilities like invisibility or super strength. He wanted talented people with powers or experts in combat. The part which makes me think I'm good enough is that Tony keeps in touch with me since he tries to get me to be the Avenger's assistant, in a playful manner of course. He'll also text me when he invites me for dinner at his and Pepper's (his wife's) house to catch up on stuff. Unfortunately, they have been struggling to have a kid, so I play a "child figure" in their life.

I have nothing to do in their private life anymore, I don't stay with them and I certainly am not young enough to be treated like a child anymore. I only text them if needed or if they need me. They know they're not my birth parents, but they always want to take care of me even though I'm twenty-four (24), so it's a bit weird having your previous boss think of you as his own child.

I now work as an NYPD agent. I'm well trained and now have unlocked skills I never had before. I can now run faster, use guns and weapons, I'm excellent in gymnastics and I'm the best NYPD agent when it comes to any type of combat; if it's hand-to-hand combat or even karate.

I built up my stamina, and became stronger and smarter in fighting techniques. I even got a glow-up, changed my ways of thinking, and became positive about my appearance. I moved into my shared apartment with my twin brother, just us both.

It was time for us to leave the nest, away from our parent's house...

-

It's about 7:15 PM, I just received a message from Tony.

Tony: Hey kid, the team and I are celebrating another win ;) Party at the tower tomorrow at 6 pm, don't be nervy to come, there will be other strangers I don't even know.

Me: Hey, there's a fifty-fifty chance that I'll come. Not much of a party person haha.

I ended up going.

-

Before I could even blink, the elevator doors opened. I take a deep breath while scanning the tower. This entire deck is made out of glass, it has an upper floor made out of the glass too so you can see the people above you. I step out of the elevator, trying to search for Tony. I might not have spotted Tony, but I can see agent Hill talking to Captain America I believe, and another person at the bar. I only know agent Maria Hill because Tony introduced us a long time ago, we're pretty good friends, and I only know the Avenger's faces from the news. There's also tons of normal strangers here that I don't know. I'm sure all the people with amazing powers are here, but it's difficult to spot them because this place is packed with people. Each corner has a group of people talking. Everyone's mumbles are making it a tiny bit hard to hear.

I walk up the glass stairs to hopefully spot Tony. A few people began staring at me, looking me up and down, but I let it slide. That's when almost all the strangers turned their heads toward me. Embarrassed and confused, I look down, slowly straightening my black sparkling dress that shows little cleavage and has a slit side, revealing my smooth leg. A certain someone caught my eye, agent Maria Hill, as she walks through the gawking people towards me. I chuckle lightly as she looks me up and down, her mouth falling open dramatically as she climbs the stairs toward me. She stops beside me, leaning against the glass railing with a drink in her hands. I kept smiling at her dramatic greeting.