Part 7; The Journey Begins

~Y/N's Pov~

I flicker my eyes open while taking in my surroundings. I'm in the living room, I must've fallen asleep. I knew I was on the couch, but the surface under me felt different, it feels like the surface under me is moving; breathing in a way. I lift my head, looking down to a different color from the couches, it's a shirt. I pull back my head for a better view. My breathing got stuck in my throat. I'm lying on Natasha, our feet tangled together and my head was resting on her chest. I have no idea how we got so close to each other, I just remember falling asleep during the movie yesterday night. I relax my tensed body, sighing in relief once I spot her eyes closed. She's asleep, and she looks so peaceful. I never imagined someone so intimidating as her to look like a softy and so calm. She's beautiful. Snapping out of my thoughts, I look around us to figure out a way off the couch without waking her up. My hands are on her chest too, my body directly on top of hers just a bit lower. Her hands are both down her sides, so I might have a way to escape this.

Arching my back up while looking at her, I admire sleeping beauty...

"It's rude to stare"

I froze. It feels like an entire ice pack went down my back, shivering from the cold. Her tone was raspy, yet sleepy and soft.
She opens her eyes and immediately looks at me. Unconsciously, I raise my chin and gulp.

She said, "You fell asleep and I didn't want to wake you" Since I just woke up, I took a few seconds before replying, "Oh, no- thank you" I close my eyes, mentally giving myself a facepalm. Why the hell did I just thank her? Gosh, it's too early, I can't think straight.

Suddenly, the elevator dinged. I widen my eyes as both our heads shoot to the elevator. In comes Nick Fury.

He glances at us then rolls his eyes, "No time for cuddles, ladies" he taunts.

Feeling my cheeks burst into flames, I rolled off Nat and hopped up onto my feet, ignoring her. I walk to Nick where he places files that he's carrying, on the desk. I pull my shirt down awkwardly.
He spoke before I could.

"You, agent Y/L/N, and you, Romanoff will be going to Budapest, on a stakeout since you're my best agents," He said. Nat, came up next to me and took the files off the desk, looking through them. I'm already here for three (3) weeks now, and Fury says I'm one of the bests? "And well, you two are the only Avengers available. I don't want to put even more pressure on Wanda after her brother died and Steve comes and he goes" That makes more sense.

As Fury spoke, I lean to my side and read the files together with Nat. A stake out as in -keeping a person under surveillance- so, we're going to spy on someone? The victim's name is Bencer Nagy, thirty-three (33) years old, and apparently just escaped from a mental hospital a few hours ago. This mission sure is serious, already on the case for something that happened today, a few hours back. This guy must be dangerous or he's planning on doing something dumb.
Just as I thought, the last page shows us our task more in detail. Bencer has explosives attached to his body, he's going to detonate them in the middle of the mall. Shield already has a tracker on him, Fury says he's taking a break apparently, he's lying low on a farm. So we have no idea when Bencer will arrive at the mall, not soon though, because he just escaped and probably wants a break before fucking suiciding and killing hundreds or maybe thousand of people with him. Although he won't commit anything now, Fury says it's best if we go now so that we're ready whenever Bencer makes a move, but Shield will keep an eye on Bencer to tell us when.

Nat closes the file. "We already have the hotel sorted for you both," Fury said. Guessing by the way he says that we'll be staying there for more than a day. Who knows when Bencer will strike? "Well, what are you waiting for? Quinjet's up and running, just needs one of you to drive it" On that note, Nat and I rushed away.