Part 25; The Tools of Victory

~Y/N's Pov~

I woke up only to find myself naked under the blankets, Nat's arms draped over me. Flashbacks from yesterday night filled my head, a smile appearing on my lips.

It wasn't long until Steve came knocking at our door. That was a clear signal for us to get ready to go out and make a move on Hugo. We all eventually ate breakfast at our private organized buffet in the hotel. When we were done, we split ways to go and change into our suits. We moved the Quinjet to a plot of land, just a field where we dropped the motorcycles to get to the location where Hugo is being tracked at right this moment. Nat rode the first motorcycle with me sitting behind her, and Steve took the second one, his shield on his back. I held the GPS / tracker gadget as we led the way towards an auction house where Hugo is at. When we arrived, everyone was screaming at the top of their lungs and run out of the huge building.

-

We all ran into the building as others ran out. People of all ages bump into each other as they try to exit the huge entrance and exit. We cleared a path for us to see better, the people no longer in our way. We search the huge building for Hugo.

"There he is," Tony announced, using his Iron Man suit to locate Hugo easier.

We looked at the direction Tony nodded at, then saw Hugo climbing up the stairs of the stage with the Spear of Heaven in his hands. Worry filled Thor's eyes. In the middle of the stage is a glass container with some type of ancient sword in it. The people started to clear the place, all running at the exit to the backrooms where a secret back door was. Hopefully, it's unlocked for them to escape. We watched and thought of a plan while Hugo used the Spear to summon lighting to break the glass container. Glass flew everywhere. We all cover our ears as a sudden alarm went off, people in the distance screaming even louder.

I looked over my shoulder to the people running to the backdoor's exit, but it didn't seem to be open because no one was leaving. Some people even looked back at me in fear, begging for us to help them.

"It's locked. We need to get them out of here," I co-operated.

All eyes were now on me, now and then glancing to see what Hugo's next move is. He's just staring down at the sword.

"Y/N and Wanda, get the people to safety," Steve orders. I nod. "And us?" Nat asked.

"Just stay on guard, Thor and I'll go talk to him." Steve looks at Hugo. "We don't know if he's harmful."

We all stare at Steve blankly like he's an idiot. Well, of course he's harmful. He has a Spear of a God and now also a sword. Wanda and I ran through the people towards the door. I reached out for the doorknob, pushing some frightened people out of the way. I then tried kicking it open, but it didn't help. It's an iron door. Wanda used her powers, trying to open it before blue streaks of lightning crashed against the door, a loud noise echoing through the backroom. Everyone yelled and yelped, taking cover and kneeling down. Wanda winced. I guess the lightning got a hit of her red powers.

"Well, Steve pissed him off," Wanda mumbled.

We turn back in a hurry, meeting eyes with Hugo as he sends daggers into our eyes. Steve threw his shield at him whilst he wasn't focusing on them, but Wanda and I. Although, things escalated quickly once Hugo shot his eyes towards Steve's shield flying towards him. In a split second, Hugo catches his shield between his two (2) fingers. Everyone was taken back, shocked.