Part 34; The Possessive Nature

~Y/N's Pov~

It feels great being back at the compound, even though I haven't really had the chance to explore around. It was early morning when we returned, still dark outside. Julia was taking to prison, and now basically, everything went back to normal. Once we entered the compound, we were greeted by some agents and Wanda who already had a feast prepared for us. So, we all sat around the huge table, eating and laughing together.

I was left with the dishes from losing a bet. Everyone has left downstairs, leaving me alone.
After the dishes were finished, I wanted to go down to Nat and I's room to offer if she wanted to come shopping with me. I still need some clothes of my own so that I can stop stealing Nat's and give back the clothes Shield gave me.
I made my way down the hallway, and I thought I knew where I was going. When I turned a corner, I was completely confused about where I was. Why didn't anyone give me a tour before we left for the mission!? This place is like a maze. So, I basically hoped for the best and walked on my own. I got to a smaller hallway with a door in the end. Skeptical, I opened it and bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" I apologized quickly, "My apologies." The raspy voice said.

I stepped back from the huge chest I walked into. Oh, great. Bucky was staring down at me, but his eyes immediately softened once he saw me.

He asked, "Oh, hey, Y/N. Were you coming to get laundry?" I furrowed my eyebrows before looking past him to the laundry machines and baskets. Oh, the laundry room. Bucky looked puzzled at me, but he still had that guilty look in his eyes, telling me sorry for what he have done. I've been ignoring him since the day we met, which was a few days back. I know he feels sorry for exploding the tower, but it wasn't his fault. He was mind-controlled. Yet.. I'm still scared of him. I raise my eyebrows, "Yeah, no! I-" I chuckle nervously, "I actually have no clue where I'm going."

"Oh." He sounds surprised, "Oh, I forgot you didn't get a chance to walk around the compound." I smile embarrassedly. "I can show you around."

He sounds like he owns the place. It pisses me off. I was here when he wasn't, and then he showed up mind-controlled!? Keep cool Y/N, he was an Avenger a long time ago before you. Give him a chance. You can't be scared and mad at him for something he didn't even do. He was mind-controlled for fuck sakes!

I take a deep breath in, "That would be awesome, thank you."

It was a bit awkward as I walked along him, following him like a lost puppy. Now and then I'd catch him staring at me, I figured he was just looking at me because he felt bad for putting me in a coma.
He would only talk when we got to certain rooms, telling me whether it's the dorm hallway, living room or recovery room.

Finally, at the end of the hallway, he takes a deep breath in and turns to me. "Well, that's everything you need to know." He smiled. So far, nothing he's doing is making me hate him. I smiled back, "Thank you, Bucky, truly. I appreciate it."

He nods and it was quiet. I puffed up my cheeks, looking around awkwardly. Well this is awkward. "Welp, I should go-"
"Y/N, wait!"

My eyes widen as I got pulled back by a strong grip around my upper arm. I got dragged back in front of him as he stared down at me with lightly furrowed eyebrows. There's that guilty look again.

"Y/N, I don't want to be enemies" He breathed out and I just frowned, "Bucky, we're not-" He cut me off, "If we're not enemies, then stop looking at me like one. Look- I understand that you see me as a monster, but you know I was mind-controlled and I didn't want anything like that to happen."