Part 3; The Ultron Crisis

~Y/N's Pov~
~2 weeks skip~

I've gotten used to my new morning routine as an Avenger. Usually, I'd just wake up and head to work, but now living at the tower and quitting that job, everything's different. The first week I had a baseline test Fury organized for me, and I aced it. From then on, I trained with Nat every morning, it was jogging or hand-to-hand combat. Fury chose Nat to be in charge of me. Over the time that Nat kicked my ass in training, I got to figure out her fighting skills and what her weaknesses are -which aren't a lot- and I got to know her better. I'd say we've become great friends, but something is bothering me and that's her flirting. The boys warned me about her, and how she flirts with everyone. So, I don't take her flirting to heart and let it slide, even though it annoys me.

On a side note, everyone's been working hard on tracking down Ultron. We're so close to figuring it out, but we can't lay our finger on it.

-

Sitting on my bed with my phone in my hand, chuckling at a text that Xavier sent me. Now that I moved into the tower, I barely see, nor talk to him.
"Who's got you giggling so early in the morning?" The very familiar raspy voice asks. Startled, I turn off my phone and shoot my head where I met the emerald eyes of Nat, her lips twitching into a smirk. Maybe I should consider closing my door from now on.
She cocks back her eyebrow as I throw my phone next to me, "A mysterious partner by chance?" She asks, but something in her voice tells me she's trying to tease me. I chuckle, "I wish. It's only my brother" I expose. She folds her arms, leaning against the door frame.

"No mysterious lover then?" She taunts, tilting her head as I shake my head, "I'm surprised. I figured you'd grab all the boys' attention"

I chuckle awkwardly, "Very funny, Nat."
"I'm being serious, Steve has his eyes on you" She replies. I shake off her comment, not in the mood for teasing and I surely do not believe her. I stand up from my bed.
"Hurry up, Tony might have found something" She mentioned Ultron, shutting the door as she spins out of my room.

I quickly got done dressing in my Shield clothes, all black and gray. There's a holster attached to my thigh with a gun inside and loads of belts wrapped around my waist if I need to carry something along with me. I'm currently walking down to the lab with a scientist that works here before we split ways, bidding goodbye to each other. Walking through a bunch of corridors, I finally spot everyone; either sitting on the chairs, standing still, or leaning against the walls while Steve is at the front in his suit, speaking. I sneak inside, not wanting to ruin his lecture, but he did seem to notice my appearance and sends me a head nod. I stand next to Sam, everyone's arms are folded as they listen closely, so I do the same, standing with confidence and folding my arms over my chest. It didn't take long for me to catch up on what we were doing and what was about to happen.

We finally know where Ultron is.

Steve ends his sentence, "Right then, let's not waste time. Clint, get the Quinjet up and running." Everyone stormed out of the room, on their way to collect weapons, or towards the Quinjet outside. I exit the room with Natasha behind me.

I stop in my tracks as Nat steps in front of me. "You're sitting this one out," She said. I furrow my eyebrows, my lips parting. "What, why?" I ask confusingly. "Y/N, this is Ultron we're dealing with. I don't want you to get hurt. You've only been here for a few weeks now," She defends.
I scoff, parting my lips further. Bullshit.
I shake my head not amused by her comment. I remember her words from yesterday after training...
"You said I'm ready, Nat" I fight back, watching as her jaw clenches. There was a pause, us staring at each other, my eyes bouncing back and forth from hers.
"Please" I beg. Silence filled the room as her eyes sends daggers into mine. I give her time to think, trying to act sad to persuade her into taking me with them. I know the consequences of going with them, I can get hurt, even killed. I am an Avenger and I will do anything to help.