Part 8; The Pain of Compassion

~Y/N's Pov~

The next morning, Nat and I stayed put on our own sides of the bed. I'm pretty thankful for that, otherwise, it would've gotten weird. In ways that shouldn't be awkward, we're just friends sharing the same bed. Nothing weird with that I guess. I don't know if there are hidden feelings I'm hiding away from her, even from myself.
For now, questioning my love life isn't the case, but doing this mission is. We called in room service for early morning breakfast around six (6) and just watched some TV. We showered, getting ready for the day before Fury called me.

Bencer.

-

Nat asks, "You know the plan right?" as we speed walk through the mall. With these types of missions, I just do improvise, but Nat forced me to stick to a plan. I mumble, "Yeah, yeah. Let's just focus on actually finding Benc-"
"Found him" Nat immediately replied, dragging me behind a thick white pillar.
We peek around the corner towards the figure that's fully dressed in black. Black jeans, black shoes, and a black hoodie that looks like there's something under it. My eyes widen. "The explosives are in his shirt, he must be keeping the button in his pockets." I share.

He walks to the center of the huge open area, and hundreds of people walk past him, even bumping into him. He's like a ghost. No skin is even showing, his hoodie is over his head and his hands are in his hoodie's pockets. He's staring down at his feet.

"Now" Nat cooperates.

We innocently walk into the crowd, splitting up. We're in Shield agent suits, it's normal for us to wear it in public, but normally Nat wears her Black Widow suit. It's just in incase anyone asks who we are, we can say we work with Shield; an organization like the police. I lost Nat in my sight, us both blending in with the crowd. Luckily, we have our earpieces in to communicate with each other. That's when I spot Bencer again, standing in the same position and spot. I came from behind him, placing a hand on his shoulder. He didn't move a muscle which made ME shiver.

I whisper, "I work with an organization, Shield in America. I would like to have a few words with you, Bencer Nagy" There was silence, only the mumbles and footsteps from other people around us. Nat steps in front of us. "She's talking to you" she snarled quietly. My hand slips off his shoulder once he raised his head, his hoodie slipping off his head. I stare into his short, buzz-cut brown hair from behind.

"Get away from me!" Bencer yelled, with a sharp accent, but I can understand him.

He ripped open his hoodie and shirt, revealing his naked chest attached with bombs.

In a split second, everyone started screaming. This place sounded like a hell hold of cries, begs, and screams. Children were hugging their parents for dear life. People collapsed on the ground as they want to run away. People bumped into each other with horrifying screams. Some just froze, falling and starting to beg for mercy. Everyone ran, but I stood until Nat took my wrist, dragging me a few steps away where I can see Bencer's front. He has a beard shaped like Tony's, brown eyes, and a scared expression.

He's scaring himself.

That's when I spot the button he's holding up. I widen my eyes, Nat and I holding out our hands in peace, but wanting to help him. "Bencer-" Nat got cut off. She stepped forward, hands in the air.

"Nobody fucking moves or I'll blow this place into hell!" He screams. "Everyone sit!"

I wanted to disobey, looking around at everyone kneeling. Even Nat. She tugs on my leg, gesturing me to sit. Small muffled cries came from behind me, so I turned to the woman with her kid crying into her shoulder on the ground. Everyone looks petrified. Even some people are staring at me with their eyes saying, "Please help us" or "Do what he says, otherwise, we all die".