Part 9; A Heart Awakened

~Y/N's Pov~

I groan as light shines directly into my eyes. I place my hand in front of my face and squint my sensitive eyes. The first thing I realize is that there's no Natasha on the bed with me.

"Good morning sleepy head"

Heat rushed across my face at her raspy voice. I push myself up by my elbow, looking down at the bed. I met her emerald eyes staring into mine, a small grin plastered on her lips. She leans forward, over the bedpost. My eyes scan her. She's wearing a soft green long-sleeved sweater and normal jeans.
Her hair is absolutely beautiful, she has it braided at the top and the rest of her hair falls loose down her shoulders. She looks beautiful.

Her smirk turns into a smile, "You're on my side" she nods. I look around myself and sigh, "So I am." I roll towards my side of the bed and slam my face into the pillow, not wanting to get up.

"I spoke to Fury, he said Bencer's been taken into custody," Nat spoke. That's a bit harsh, he just needed help, but I guess he was armed and dangerous. "We also get to stay here for three (3) more days, then they'll kick us out of the hotel"
She ends.

I flip onto my back and lift my arms in the air excitedly, "I call shopping spree!"

-

We called an Uber to take us to the mall again, and Nat gave him a big tip. The second we walked into the mall, eyes were on us and it made me a bit uncomfortable. Men would quickly glance our way as they walk past us. Ladies would look us up and down and elderlies smiled at us. I was high on guard, crossing my arms and staying close to Nat. A mother and boy walked past us, I made contact with the boy as he looks up at me and points towards me.
I gulp and straighten my posture before looking at Nat.

"Why's everyone staring at us" I question. "At you" Nat corrects, no expression like always. She twists her head to me and I send her a confused look. "Is there something wrong with my hair? Do I look bad?" I question, a bit embarrassed. I saw her eyes look me up and down before we continue searching for restaurants. I stayed quiet as she didn't speak. Is my outfit terrible? Is that why people are staring?

"You look beautiful, Y/N. That's why everyone's staring"
My eyes immediately fall onto Nat, her staring back at me. I felt my pupils dilate in a way. I start frowning when something weird erupts in my stomach. Butterflies. I have no idea why I'm reacting this way, it's just a compliment.
I didn't realize we'd been staring at each other before I felt the heat across my cheeks. I look down at my feet.
"Thanks" I squeak out. I couldn't even talk right if I wanted to. I just lost words.
I hear Nat chuckle lowly, so I shoot my head in the direction where she's staring.

She said, "Anyways, wanna get some sushi? I know you love it" I know you love it. I mentioned I love sushi two (2) weeks ago only one time. She remembers it?.... I furrow my eyebrows softly and nod, "Yeah, that would be nice" I respond quietly. She sends me a smile which I returned quickly. My legs feels weak and my heartbeat is fast.

What is this feeling?

We took seats in the corner for more privacy and ordered our sushi and drinks. The place is very neat and clean, so clean that the wooden tables are sparkling. When we didn't speak, I just kept looking at her. Luckily, we mostly talked about random shit. I tried figuring out what effect Natasha has on me, but the feeling is so weird. I don't understand. I don't understand why I keep getting warm in my cheeks whenever I look at her, why I get butterflies in my stomach, and why I get nervous around her. I'm so confused.
We talked and talked what felt like for ages until our plates were empty. Since we're spending the money Fury gave us both, Nat decided to use her bit of the money. But, we'll share the rest of the money. We exit the restaurant, her opening the door for me and me thanking her.