Part 39; The Day of Our Dreams

~Y/N's Pov~

I woke up in a hospital-like bed, surrounded by the sounds and lights of medical equipment. I felt groggy and my leg only hurt a minute. I tried to move it but it was too painful even to lift, until the pain settled and cleared away. I noticed that there was an IV attached to my arm and a medical agent was checking my vitals. I felt confused and disoriented. The medical agent explained that I had lost a lot of blood, but that I was going to be okay. She smiled at me and gave me a hug, saying that I was lucky. I felt grateful for her kindness, even though I was still in a small amount of pain.
Soon the agent left as we saw Natasha leaning against the doorframe. Her arm was in a real arm sling, holding her arm up. She gave me the most softest eyes that I haven't seen in a while.

She strolled towards me and took my hand with her good arm.
She asks warmly, "How are you feeling?" I slowly nod my head, "Actually pretty good, my leg doesn't hurt much..." I look at her broken arm, "How about you?"
"I'm holding on, I'll be having this on for another week" She replied, gesturing to her arm in the sling.

Suddenly, we heard a loud thudding noise. I looked away to see Thor, the God of Thunder himself, walking through the door. His face was filled to the brim with joy, happiness, and relief. Natasha stepped away with a small grin, giving Thor all the space to see me clearly. She always loved seeing Thor and I's friendship because it reminds her of her and Clint's friendship.

"Y/N, my dear friend, you are alive!" he exclaimed. I could feel myself smiling from ear to ear, despite the pain in my leg. His presence was warm. I didn't even have time before I could greet him, he instantly began cheering and smiling proudly. He was like a puppy. "Y/N you are a warrior. You fought bravely, and I am proud to call you my friend. We will celebrate your victory with a feast as soon as you have fully recovered," he said with his signature humility. I send Nat a glare and she just shrugs, intrigued and watch our conversation carefully.

I chuckle, "I, uh- It's just a shot to the leg, Thor. I'm okay it's nothing bad, no need for that" I didn't want to sound dramatic, but It was actually bad. I just didn't want to tell him, otherwise he'd really throw a fiesta for my victory of survival. Nat stepped closer and hummed, disapproving. "Yeah, I agree, Thor. She is a warrior." Nat smirked, teasing me in a way. I smiled and shook my head lightly.

We heard a chuckle from behind the door, "Grand entrance for Thor again, huh?"

Thor and Natasha turned around, stepping away that reveals Steve leaning against the door with folded arms. He smiles at me before joining us, pulling a chair closer and sitting on it. As we talked, I was still lying on the bed. I glanced up, frowning as somebody was whistling a tune from a far. Tony. I thought he was going to walk right past the room, stuck in his head as he whistles. But then he did a double take and peered into the room, his eyes widening as he saw me in the bed. He grinned at me, a playful glint in his eye.

He smirked, "Well, well, well, if it isn't the heroine of the hour. How are ya feeling?" he said, a teasing tone in his voice. I felt my face flushing in embarrassment, but I also couldn't help but laugh a little. Tony was always so carefree and confident, and his antics always managed to make me feel a little better, even in the worst of times. "I'm feeling a little better thanks, Tony." I smile. He smiled back, "Don't mention it, kid. Avengers are always there for each other" He was about to turn to leave again before he spots Natasha and her broken arm. He frowns, staring curiously at her. He was suddenly alarmed and quite surprised. "Looks like you and Y/N got into a little scuffle," He joked. Natasha, who was now sitting next to me on the bed, rolled her eyes at his comment. "It wasn't a little scuffle, Tony. We were fighting for our lives," she said, trying to play it cool. But Tony just laughed.