Part 13; The Last Farewell

~Y/N's Pov~

The look in everyone's exhausted, emotionless eyes breaks my heart. I watch as Wanda cries silently, her eyes puffy and red. Vision's arms are wrapped around her tightly, holding her close in the rain. His other hand holding the umbrella high up over them. Vision found out a way how to look like a human. He now wears glasses and made himself blonde.
I look down to the grave of Pietro, "You didn't have to die," I mumble, disapproval in my tone. I look over to Nat, who's standing beside me, hovering an umbrella over our head. Sorrow creeps at the corners of her mouth, dragging them down, jerking the tears. But she holds them back. There's no tears she's shedding. She can not lose her dignity I guess, but I do see her feeling sorry for Wanda's loss.

Unlike everyone else here, I'm one of the few actually letting some tears loose. Sniffing now and then.

Everyone's wearing black. A long black dress hangs at me- and the other women's ankles and the men dressed in suits. Family, friends, all in black.
Everyone knows nobody lives forever, that's why we have no reason to cry. There's a few guests hanging their heads and a few sobs.

There's a boy I haven't seen before, but I think Tony invited him. Every now and then I'd catch him staring at me, but I let it slide.

Clint passes Nat and I some flowers, which we gently place down on the headstone.

And, with flowers in front of the headstone and the words said, the funeral ends.
Wanda and Vision walk away in the rain, slowly, despite the chill wind and water. They walk through other graves, us all watching them. Nobody's talking. Only the rain falling down on the gravel under us is there to hear.
Some, including Maria and Pepper, bury their faces in their hands. Even Thor came down from Asgard for this horrible event, and now he's standing next to Steve with a sad frown. Loads of Shield agents are here too, only Bruce isn't here since he's at another planet. Fury was standing behind us all, feeling like it was his fault because he sent us on the mission where Pietro died.

We watch as Tony walks closer with an umbrella, kneeling down towards the grave with a flower.

He whispers, "You did great, kid,"

Tony leaves and goes to his car with Pepper and the boy, the words looming over the grave.

Nat and I stood in silence and listened to the gravel shuffling as the others started to walk away.

She places her free hand on my back, "Let's go," She whispers softly. With one more sniff, I reply, "Yeah,"

-

We got back to the tower in Nat's car, catching up with Steve in the elevator. We all stayed quiet until the elevator doors opened, revealing Wanda walking down the hallway. I wanted to go after her before Steve stopped me.
"I'll go talk to her," He insists. I nod my head and go to the kitchen with Natasha, where she fills a glass of water and passes it towards me, leaving me confused, but I take it. "I think we all need to cool down. Just get liquid in your body," She said. She's right. I'm still so new to all this superhero stuff and literally experiencing a death the first few weeks are messed up. This isn't some NYPD stuff where they burst our crying when a partner dies. This is superheroes where the rumor is that we never cry. I'm starting to believe that rumor because almost nobody cried, but I knew they wanted to. Everyone was just mourning the loss of Pietro, sadly.

I sit on the stool, hanging my head and sip on the water. I heard the stool beside me screech on the floor as Nat sits down beside me. A glass with water is also in her hands.