Part 21; Sister of a Widow

~Y/N's Pov~
~A week time skip~

A week later, Vision woke up like nothing ever happened. In that week, everyone eventually found out that Nat and I are dating, or we just told them. We had our coffee date Nat promised me after the mission from the beginning of the week. So, we decided to take our relationship a step further. No, not sex, not moving into one room together, not sleeping together just yet, and not marriage... although, I really don't mind if either of those things happen. Which I wish it does. Besides the point. We took it a step further and decided to introduce each other to our families.

Today, we're meeting up with her step sister, Yelena, or well, she's coming to the tower. Yelena has been here a couple of times, but that's before I joined the Avengers. I don't know how she looks like, and she doesn't know how I look like. Nat mentioned her sometimes in the past thought.

When I think I'M ready, then I'll introduce Nat to my parents.

-

I was in the kitchen and heard someone coming up the elevator. Nat rushed over to the elevator where I couldn't see while I made mac and cheese. For some reason, Nat told me Yelena's obsessed with mac and cheese. What's a better way by greeting someone than making their favorite food? Maybe I can score some points from Yelena, a good first impression. I don't want to disappoint my girlfriend's sister, even though it's just her step sister.

Nat greeted someone first, then there was a deep Russian woman voice that I didn't recognize. I'm guessing it's Yelena. She's a bit early.
I listened for their footsteps and muffled voices disappearing a bit further away. After a bit, the macaroni was almost done, I heard footsteps coming inside the kitchen.

"She's here?" I ask, scarping the mac and cheese into the huge bowl. "Yup, we're just waiting on you," Nat replied, walking around to the cabinets to get plates.

I asked Nat what Yelena likes to drink, and the answer was vodka.

Unfortunately, we don't have anymore thanks to a raccoon named Rocket that steals it.

So, Nat walked in front of me, carrying the bowl of mac and cheese and the red whine bottle. I carried the plates, utensils on the top and glasses.
We came inside the dining room, and I already made eye contact with a blonde woman sitting on the chair. I sent her a smile, and she just raised her eyebrows, looking me up and down.

We place the stuff down. Yelena's eyes scans the food before standing up to greet me. I was too intimidated by her death stare right in front of me, I couldn't speak. I side eye Nat for help, but she just shrugs. I look back at Yelena as she expands her hand towards me.

"You're cuter than I thought," She said, a potent Russian accent coming through. I laugh nervously, taking her hand. "Umm... thanks, " I reply with a small smile. Before I could shake her hand, she pulled me into a hug which caught me off guard, but I hugged her back eventually. She doesn't look much like a hugging person.

Yelena turns to Nat, "I can see why you like her."

I raise my eyebrows, getting goosebumps over my arms. That's a bit embarrassing. At least Nat isn't such a jealous type. Nat also has no reason to be jealous, her sister just gave me a compliment.

Nat gives her step sister a death stare before she sighs. "Yeah, okay, let's eat," Nat changed the subject.

We sat around the dining table, Nat next to me and Yelena at the opposite side of us. We scooped some mac and cheese out and placed it on our plates, also filling our whine glasses. Yelena asked for hot sauce, so Nat got up and went to go get it for her. It gave Yelena and I some time to gossip about Nat about how passionate she is about the Avengers, before she returned with the sauce. I was confused when Yelena squirted it on top of her mac and cheese, but I guess she has free will.