Chapter 1-5

CHAPTER 1

Before getting on the supply ship from Yangcheng to Yazhou Island, Lin Wei never thought that she would get seasick. Her family lived by the river, and when she was a child, she often went to the other side of the river by boat with her mother to play. At first, her mother would buy a piece of seasickness medicine before boarding the boat, but she never used it, and then she stopped buying it.

And when they came, they also took the ferry for half a day. From Shicheng to the provincial capital, it was faster to take the river road. At that time, she was fine, and she could still hold the child after getting off the boat.

Who would have thought that not long after the boat sailed in the morning, Lin Wei would start to vomit, and she didn't eat much for lunch or dinner, and would lie on the bed listlessly, with limp hands and feet. Lin Wei couldn't help but sigh when she thought that she would not be able to go ashore until tomorrow afternoon.

"Still uncomfortable?" Zong Shao asked who came in from outside with two lunch boxes.

Lin Wei shook her head: "It's okay, where have you been?"

Zong Shao walked to the canopy bed where Lin Wei lay, opened the lid of the aluminum lunch box and said, "I don't think you ate much for dinner, so I asked the cooking team to borrow a pot to cook it." Order some porridge."

They were aboard a military supply ship, and the troops had strict military discipline. Unless there were special circumstances, they would not serve food other than three meals, and they could not cook their own food.

But Lin Wei was only a family member of the army, and it was her first time to go to sea, and she was very seasick, so Zong Shao borrowed a pot to cook for her, which was not considered a different treatment.

Lin Wei was indeed hungry. She vomited for a day and now all she vomited was sour water, and there was nothing in her stomach. But she didn't have any appetite, so she looked up lazily.

Zong Shao knew that she was uncomfortable, opened the lid and brought the lunch box to her, and showed her the porridge and pickled cucumber sticks inside, hoping to arouse her appetite. The porridge is ordinary white porridge, not thick, but not too clear. The strips of pickled cucumber are greenish-yellow with a dash of red chilli.

"Where did you get the pickled cucumber strips?" People in the Lingnan area generally have a bland taste, and the food served on the supply ship also followed the local taste. She didn't see any chili peppers for the two meals at lunch and dinner.

"It's also from the cooking class. It's usually eaten with porridge in the morning." Zong Shao saw Lin Wei's emotion, took out a spoon from the table next to him, and handed it to her along with the lunch box.

Lin Wei was not pretentious, and reached out for the lunch box and spoon to eat. After the porridge is cooked, let it dry for a while. The temperature is just right for drinking, and it is very soft. Cucumber sticks are as hot and sour and crispy as Lin Wei imagined, just two words, go with porridge.

While she was drinking porridge, Zong Shao turned to look at the two brothers lying on the other bed. Regardless of the young age of the two brothers, it was their first time to take a boat on this trip. They were more competitive than their mothers. The seasickness medicine prepared for them was useless, and it all went into Lin Wei's stomach.

And because there are PLA uncles on board, the two brothers have been in a state of excitement since they got on the boat, and they get sleepy after dinner at night. After tucking the quilt for the two brothers, Zong Shao sat back beside Lin Wei's bed, but didn't intend to speak.

They got married in the early 1970s, and it has been four years and three months, not a short time, and they have two more children. Logically speaking, they should have a deep relationship, but in fact they are really unfamiliar.