Chapter 31-35

CHAPTER 31

Zhou Jianhai's cousin's surname is Chen, and because she is the eighth, she got the name Chen Bamei. Don't think this name is casual, it's much better than the older sisters above her. Because her eldest sister is the first child in the family, she barely got a proper name, Xinghua. But it didn't work from the second sister, from Zhaodi Pandi called all the way down, to the sixth Laidi, and finally recruited a younger brother.

Because there was an older brother above, Chen Bamei did not have the word Di in her name after she was born. But the Chen family has many daughters, and there is a precious son in front of her. Her youngest daughter is not paid much attention at home, and she doesn't have a proper name when she is four or five years old.

After calling it for a long time, Bamei became her name, and it did not change when she registered her household registration. It is conceivable that in such a family, the son is a treasure, but the daughter is not even as good as a grass.

Unlike her elder brother, who ate the best food and wore the best clothes since she was born, Chen Bamei drank porridge since she was a child, and wore old patched clothes that her elder brother replaced, even though they were of different genders.

When her elder brother went to school with his schoolbag, Chen Bamei had already learned how to wash and cook, raise chickens and feed ducks, and when she was a little older, at the age of seven or eight, she started to work in the fields to earn work points like her sisters. If this was the case, Chen Bamei might not have run away from home. After all, in this era, in most families, sons and daughters are different.

It's just that most people will not disregard their daughter's life and death even if they favor sons over daughters. At least in terms of marriage, they will try their best to choose a better husband for their daughters. But Chen Bamei's parents are not like this. The husband they choose for their daughter depends on the family situation at that time and the level of bride price.

If the family was able to live well at that time, and the living here mainly depends on whether they can meet the needs of their precious son, if they can meet them, and if the bride price is similar, they are willing to choose a decent husband for their daughter.

But if the family needs money at that time, they can't control so much. As long as the bride price is high, they can nod regardless of good or bad, healthy or disabled. Chen Bamei's six sisters, except for the first two sisters, because when they talked about their marriage, the baby in the family was young and didn't have so much money to spend, so they married well.

Only her fourth sister was sent to the brigade next door because of her good looks. The secretary's son was willing to pay a high bride price, so he married well. Of the remaining three sisters, one caught up with the baby Pidao Xiaoshengchu and was married to a second marriage head, and caught up with the family's house renovation and was married to a cripple with inconvenient legs and feet.

Her sixth sister was the worst. When she was talking about her marriage, she caught up with the baby and wanted to go to the city. She was married to a fool because of her relationship. Of course, Chen Bamei is not much better.

Although she is not yet of marriageable age, who made Baby Pimple fall in love with a girl. For the bride price of her son, Chen Bamei was engaged to be married before she turned eighteen. On the surface, the conditions of the other party are quite good. He comes from a cadre family and he is also a regular worker in a state-owned factory. And she was not a few years older than Chen Bamei, only twenty-five years old.

Although she was married once, the previous marriage lasted only one year before her ex-wife passed away. Chen Bamei didn't think much at first, she thought she had been hit by a pie, but as soon as the marriage was settled, someone came to her door, saying that her partner was violent, and his ex-wife couldn't stand his beatings and couldn't divorce her. He died after drinking pesticide.