•Chapter 1•

Thud

Thud

"That's good Annie!"

Thud

"I expect the best from my daughter!"

Its now been two years since that day, and you are still grateful for what Mr. Leonhart has done. And now, he has been training you so you can protect yourself when youse go down the mountain to get food and other supplies.

You now normal looking body of a kid, to all the food you were given. You where taught how to read, write, cook and other things thanks to Mr. Leonhart.

But why, when it came to training did he push you the hardest on.

The village had gotten a bit better with food and resources, but that was only because the farmers son and his family took over ever since he passed a year ago. But, the village was still as dangerous as it was when you were born.

As you were nearly finished with your training, you stopped and bent over, your hands on your knees as you panted for air. When you were finished, you looked up when a tall shadow stood over you, only to be slapped on the cheek, the force of it sent you falling onto the muddy ground on your side. As you got up, you rubbed the corner of your mouth with your hand in a fist to get rid of the small blood thank to the slap.

You tilted your head upwards a bit and looked at your father as he lowered his left hand, his right hand holding onto the wooden crouch that helped his stand. He looked down at you like you were an insect ready to be stepped on.

'He looks angry, maybe I should've just kept on kicking the dummy, maybe he wouldn't be so mad if I finished. But then again, he'd just lecture me about how I was slow at the end.' You thought to yourself as you looked up at him with a glare.

As you looked at him in the eyes, you could see he was trying to tell you something with those brown eyes of his. Obviously you knew all to well what that look meant, he's telling you to get back up and continue with your training.

And so, you did just that.

Getting up off the ground and swiping down your shorts and t-shirt to get rid of the the extra mud and dust, and getting right back to training as your father watched, making sure yiu finished your training before we go inside.

• • •

It's was now night as you were having dinner alone. Your father was in his study, doing who knows what, but you don't really go in there seeing how it's a mess there.

During dinner, you're father would tell you stories about him being young, and about his friends.

Apparently, he used to work a science lab that also did engineering, he worked alongside a female scientist and a male scientist that also did engineering with your father, and after two years his friend and him managed to create three things.

All you know he made was his odm gear, that he still has to this day, but you don't know what the other two were. When you asked, he would stay quiet, or change the subject.

But sadly, his male friends died after the lab shut down because of an incident.

You pop out of your thoughts as you were halfway from finishing your small meal when you heard a loud bang, then silent's.

You thought it was just father doing whatever he does in his study like fixing his odm gear or something, you didn't think to much of it. Well, not until a man with raven hair and a white fedora hat open the shoji door to the dining room.

You had no time to react, as when you had gotten to your feet you immediately falling to the ground with blood flowing down my neck. You were scared, you had not felt this emotion for a while now, the last time you remember being scared was when you were almost sold off to a brothel even though you didn't show it, you were.

And now, as the unknown man just stands there looking down at you as you coughed up blood trying to get oxygen into your lungs. You couldn't help but wonder what had happened to your father. Was he okay? Was he dead just like you will be soon?

"That's disappointing. I thought you would've react faster, just like your father did." The raven hair man said in a bored tone.

It didn't matter as you looked up at the man who was now leaving the room. The last thing you got to see of him was his cat like eyes that were a glowing red in the dimly lit room, looking at me from over his shoulder before he disappeared.

You look back down at the floor only to see a puddle of blood instead of the brown wooden floor you had gotten used to see. You put my hand on my neck trying to stop the blood from falling but, to no avail as it slipped past the cracks of my fingers thanks to my shaky hand.

'Well, I'm done for. Father. I'll be with you soon. Just wait for me.' You thought, closing my eyes as I waited for my body to go limp.

But you were suddenly picked up and was now on someone's shoulder as they ran. You look to the right only to see my father's bloodied and worried face as sweat ran down the side of his head as we left the house, he run, or limp his way up the mountain into the forest.

When your father thought we were far enough from the house, he stopped and put you down. Laying your upper body on a tree trunk.

That's when you realised through your blurry vision, he had a brown suitcase and a small wooden box with him. You didn't really think to much of it because. At this point, you were slipping in and out of consciousness to much, that you didn't realise that your father had taken a hold of you arm and held a needle near a vain that was visible on your arm.

"Annie, I'm so sorry I don't expect you to forgive me but... please just stand your ground even if the whole world is against you. They'll despise you, they won't understand stand, but you're dad will... promise me you'll be safe. After I give you this injection, and what my old friend told me should be right, you won't remember a thing about this incident after. But, I know you'll remember somehow, just.. just know that I love you, okay. And that I'm sorry for being so harsh towards you."

That was the last thing your father said to you, before you felt a pinch in your arm, then everything going all bright.