•Chapter 3•

The sound of your odm gear rattling as you walk on the dirt path was the only thing you could hear, as the wind blew through your hair with a bored look on your face.

The sun was high in the sky as it showed that it was the middle of the day.

You were walking to the next village to stay for two weeks then the cycle will repeats itself. See you'd stay in a village doing nothing but training, eating, sleeping and then going to the next village to stay at, like what you are doing now.

You sigh, knowing that you might not get there until tomorrow night or late afternoon. What time was it now? That doesn't matter as you made your way through a forest, it kept the sun out pretty well minus the parts were the sun picked though the trees.

'At this point I'm just thinking of setting up camp here if I can't find a nearby place to stay the night.' You thought to yourself as you looked around the forest.

Not until the sound of rustling and whimpering court your attention, as you froze looking around more. Was it an animal? or a person? whatever it was you were going to check it out to make sure you were safe.

You grab hold of the handle of one of your sword as you approach the way you heard the sound, once you move the bush that was in you way you were meet with two kids clinging to each other, tears welled up in their eyes upon seeing you.

You sigh as you let go of the swords handle and walk over to the kids. They back away slightly as you now stood in front of them, crouching down in front of them with a bored look still plastered on your face but, with a hint of wonder and concern for what the two kids are doing out here without a parent watching them.

Out of the two kids the eldest was definitely the boy while the youngest had to be the little girl, you guessed on their hight.

"Hey are.. you two alright?" You asked, but got no answer from the two.

"Are you two lost perhaps?" You questioned, and still got no answers as they started to shiver as the wonder and concern from earlier turned into a bit of anger, as you were getting know were by asking questions.

If you weren't going to get an answer from the two, then you might as well look for one. Getting up from your kneeling position, you walked past them to a clearing with no trees, looking for any clues of what happened. It's not until now you realise a house, it looked abandoned yet clean at the same time.

"Is this your house?" You ask turning to the two, but still got no answer.

The sound of footsteps was heard as you turn your head in the direction. There were two boys around your age, one was wearing a checker-patterned haori with burgundy hair, the other was wearing a yellow haori that faded into a orange along with white triangles over it. To be honest, his hair looked the same as his haori minus the triangles. They are also wielding sword that stayed on there hips.

They didn't seem to notice you or the kids as they stood a couple of feet away from you all.

"I can smell blood, but.. but it's strange." The burgundy haired boy said.

"Wait, you can smell something here?" The yellow haired boy asked.

"Yeah, but this is a whole new smell." The burgundy haired boy replied to the blonde's question.

"A smell... I can't say I'm getting that. What about that sound, your able to hear that right?" The blonde questioned as he raised his right hand to his ear, he looked slightly scared.

"Sound?.. huh!" The burgundy haired boy turned his head, seemingly to look at the blonde but, noticing you and the two children still clinging to each other as you stood in front of them.