•Chapter 4•

As Tanjiro and Zenitsu walk into the house you turn your head as you look at the box Tanjiro left, wondering what was inside that can protect the kids, but you didn't think to much of it as you followed after Tanjiro and Zenitsu.

As the three of youse rounded a corner with Tanjiro being at the front, looking at everything around the hallway to see if there is any choice in finding the 'demon'. Zenitsu being second as he panted and shivered as tears were rolling down his face, followed by you being three who looked uninterested as you faced dead head. I mean, yes you where looking at a few things but not as much as Tanjiro.

There were only blank walls and shoji door, along with a few pots here and there.

"So T-Tanjiro, Annie. Before we continue, what evers in this place, you'll make sure to protect me from it will you?" Zenitsu asked as he continued to shiver to witch tTanjiro stopped, and turned around to face him.

"Zenitsu... I hate to tell you this but, in my last fight.. I broke a leg and a rib, non of them have fully healed up as if yet so-" Tanjiro couldn't even finish his sentence as zenitsu started yelling at him.

"WAIT WHAT, YOU HAVE BROKEN BONES, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR TRYING TO DO TO ME? IF YOUR IN THAT CONDITION THEN ME FATE HAS ALREADY BEEN SEALED, IM GOING TO D-D-D-DIE! AAHH THIS IS ALL AWFUL, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO, THIS IS ALL FINISHING THIS IS ALL OVER FOR ME!" He yelled as he pulled on his hair while rolling on the ground.

You and Tanjiro look down at him as if he had just been shitted on, while Zenitsu keep on saying he was going to die.

"Zenitsu you got to calm down, I'm sure annies in the same boat as I am, so just calm down you'll be alright." Tanjiro said noticing how Zenitsu also said your name.

"DONT FEED ME YOUR EMPTY PROMISES!" Zenitsu yells like a newborn baby.

"No it true, because you're, eh?" Tanjiro couldn't finish his sentence, as the three of you heard the shoji door at the front open.

"Stay away." Tanjiro yelled to the two kids who have now entered the house for some unknown reason.

"You two shouldn't be here." Tanjiro stated too the two.

"W- were sorry, there were sounds, coming from inside that box." The boy in the green kimono said to Tanjiro.

'Sounds? Inside the box?' You though, eyeing Tanjiro.

"Still, I really wish you didn't leave it behind, that thing is more precious to me than my own life." Tanjiro said as he held onto the little girl's shoulders.

The house started to shake again as Zenitsu got spooked and bent over, making his but hit against Tanjiro which made him and the little girl stumble into an open room.

"Oops, sorry." Zenitsu apologised to the two only for Tanjiro and the girl to disappear after.

"..."

The three of you could only looked at the now, empty room in silence as many thought ran through your head at the same time.

'Was that what Tanjiro meant by demon? Does this thing have powers like me?' You thought, the boy stared yelling for his sister who's name was teruko, as Zenitsu was telling him to be quiet or the demon might find the three of youse, then going on saying that the three of youse should go wait outside.

"Huh, whey would we do that, are you trying to escape all by yourself?" The kid you now know as Shoichi asked.

"Eh?!"

"All this constant whining about dying, aren't you a little ashamed?" Shoichi asked Zenitsu who could only have his mouth open in shock.

"It's pathetic how your clinging to the sleeve of someone who's young then you, why does a coward like you have a sword on your hip in the first place?" Shoichi continued as imagery blood began flowing out of Zenitsu's mouth.