•Chapter 24•

"It's nice seeing you again after our first meeting, you were so cute just sitting there all shy." Mitsuri said a bit of blush on her cheeks as the two of youse strolled through the crowded village.

"Umm yeah, anyway's let's get the patrol over so we can hang out like you said." You say, a bit confused and flustered as to why she kept on complementing you, you stop walking as Mitsuri does the same.

"Ooh, you're right, since this village is around my area of where I patrol I know my way around, so I was thinking of splitting up and after we meet back here." Mitsuri planned, her pointer finger on her chin.

You just nod in agreement to Mitsuri's plan.

"Okay then, we'll send message by crow once done to meet back up." Mitsuri said before running off in a random direction.

'Guess I'm on my own now.' You thought, running in the opposite direction.

It's been twenty minutes since then and now you were exploring the forest since you finished looking around the village. Kenji followed not to far behind you, perching on tree branches so often.

You were quite as you were on guard at every noise, just waiting for a demon to come out and try and strike you from behind.

'Maybe I should send a message to Mitsuri that this area is clear?' You pondered.

You quickly snap your head to the right hearing muffled sounds coming from behind a big bush. You grab hold of the hilt's of your blades, bring them out as you quickly walk over to the direction of the sound.

You peaked though a bit of the bush that was open, the site you saw was something that can be scary for who was in the grasp of the demon.

There was a demon that seemed to have a child in it's grasp. The demon was a man seeing how it had short dark blue hair that reached his eyebrows, he also wear a light grey kimono with a circle like pattern at the bottom of it.

The kid kicked there feet as the demon looked down at them.

"What you doing out here kid?" The demon asked, in response the kid only squirmed in his grasp while trying to scream, only for his cry's of help being muffled thanks to the demon's hand covering the kid's mouth.

"Kid's these days have no manners, well if you don't want to respond that's okay, you can make it up to me for being my dinner."

'Water Breathing: First Form: Water Surface Slash'

In a fast speed the demons head fell to the ground as you kicked the now disintegrating body off of the kid, you looked at the kid as the demon shouted insults at you.

"You injured?" You asked.

"N- no miss.." The kid responded.

Now that you got to take a closer look at the kid, you could see that they were a young boy with choppy blonde hair and brown eyes, he wear a dark green kimono along with a white hoari.

You reach out your hand for him to take, to which he grabs. You pull him up holding his hand for a couple of seconds so he could balance on his feet, before letting go.

"I'll be escorting you back home now." You say, the boy nodded as the two of youse started walking, the boy showing you the directions to his house.

"Thank you for returning my son back home miss." The mother of the boy said, her son hugged her legs.

"It's fine, just don't let him go out during night, you don't know what could've happened if I didn't stumbled upon him." You say.

You and the boy both agreed on a fake story, how he had gotten lost in the forest and how you stumbled upon him. It was really to make sure the mother was scared that a demon was about to kill her son really.

"I will, and again thank you so very much." The mother thanked one more time before you left.

"Mmm, this is so good!" Mitsuri said, taking another bite of her ramen.

Like planned, the two of youse met back up and were now eating at a random restaurant Mitsuri said that had good food.

"How you're ramen, Annie?" Mitsuri questioned, turning her head to look at you.

The site of your puffed cheeks as you slurped the ramen made Mitsuri's cheeks turn pink.

"It's good." You say, finishing your last bite.

"Oh, thank you!" Mitsuri thanked the waiter as they took the empty plates and bowls, as a different waiter pushed over a cart with lots of different types of desserts, soon placing them down on the table.

"Kyaa, they have sakura mochi!" Mitsuri squealed, before taking a bite of one.

You look at her for a minute before turning your attention to all the different desserts.

"This is so much fun, it's like I'm on a date with my boyfriend. What am I saying, you are a girl, so of course you are not my boyfriend!" Mitsuri said, holding her cheeks as they burned a bright red.

"What about it? I'm fine being your boyfriend, or girlfriend..." You said, looking down.

You have never actually thought of yourself being in a relationship before. But if you were to, you didn't mind dating a girl, or a boy.

"Eh, really!"

"... Yeah, I'm sure whoever marry's you in the future will be a really lucky person." You say.

"I- don't you think I am weird? My hair colour... and how much I've eaten... didn't it, weird you out?" Mitsuri asked, looking down at the plate of sakura mochi.

"Why would it? Your hair is nice, and who am I to judge how much you eat? People who say these types of things should mind their own business."

This took Mitsuri by surprise as she stared to remember something that someone told her.

It was silent around your table for some seconds, not until Mitsuri gently smiled, her eyebrows furrowed like she was holding back tears before they could escape.

"Thank you, Annie. I think I'm starting to get you a bit." She said, you looked at her confused.

"What do you mean?" You ask.

"You seem so tough and stoic on the outside, but really you're a kind and caring person on the inside." She said, you look at her, your eyes wide a bit.

You look down at your thighs, your bangs covering the sides of your face as they hide the small smile that grow on your face.

"Thank you, Mitsuri." You thanked.

"You're welcome, ooh are those donuts?!"

You look up only to see a plate of donuts on the table. You quickly pick a random one up, taking a bite out of it.

"Hehe, do you like donuts Annie?" Mitsuri asked.

"Mhmm, there my favourite food."