•Chapter 33•

'Sqwelp!'

The sound of to objects hitting together with force echoed around the battlefield for a bit. Everyone who were fighting stopped for a moment as they turned there heads up or around to the direction of where the sound came from.

Uzui, Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Hinatsuru were surprised by the sudden loud sound, as they steered wide eyed at the person who made it.

Zenitsu was also surprised by the loud sound, as he stood still on the roof letting his ears adjust to the sudden sound.

Gyutaro steered at the roof his sister was on, still on guard if the slayers in front of him were to do anything.

Daki's lime green eyes were basically wide open as she steered at the girl her lord wanted. Her obi was going to forcefully slice your head off its shoulders.

But... for some reason..

That didn't happen.

Daki steered at the girls neck, on the side of the neck seemed to be a hard crystal like substance that pervaded her attack, not even a scratch was visible on the crystal.

A flash of yellow light zipped past you and Daki as you felt yourself being picked up then gently placed onto a different roof top.

You look up, seeing Zenitsu crouched in front of you.

"Stay here." He says before getting up to go and help Inosuke again.

You look around, you were on the roof top with Hinatsuru. The fight had started again when Zenitsu brought you here.

"Are you alright?!" Asked Hinatsuru as she hurried over to your side.

She placed a gentle hand on your back too keep you up just in case. You looked at her confused like you didn't hear her question. But all that circled around your head was... hang on how do you still have your head?!

'Didn't she cut it off?! Did she miss? No! There was no way she could've missed! The obi was at the perfect angle to my head clean off?! But... then how did-' Your thoughts slowly fade as you lifted your hand to the back of your neck.

Sweat rolled down your face as you felt the cold hard material on your neck.

'But... I- I thought I could only do crystal hardening in titan form?!' Somehow you had managed to use one of your abilities out of titan form.

"Are you okay?!" Hinatsuru yelled, grabbing your shoulder which startled you. Hinatsuru apologised for her behaviour before asking if you were okay again, this time you nod.

"Good." She sighed looking at your neck, she wanted to ask questions but didn't, not in this situation.

"Stay here, don't move okay." She said, getting up and looking down at you.

You nod as she turned around and walked to the edge of the roof, taking two kuani out and throwing them at something.

You closed your eyes, focusing on getting rid of the crystal hardening as you would do in your titan form. And as you heard cracking, you now you had broken it off from your skin.

'This is so unexplainable. How come this happens now? Well, at least it came at a good times. For all I know I could've been a limp headless body right now.' You thought, sighing as you got up.

A sudden strong grip covered your mouth, making you let out a muffled yelp from surprise. You try to pull at whatever was covering your mouth, it was a hand, but who's?

You looked up and over your shoulder seeing the brother demon, Gyutaro you think his name was, he had somehow dragged you over to were Hinatsuru was as he also covered her mouth with his other hand, getting really close to her face.