Jolene But It's Gay

Natasha/Wanda, Based on the song 'Jolene but it's Gay'

Vision comes to Nat before a night out with the gang, saying how he wants to ask out Wanda. Nat cheers him on, but her getting drunk on karaoke night didn't end too well for him.

~~~~~~

Natasha POV

I was in the training room, I was setting up for Wanda and I's training lesson. I heard someone walk in and turned towards them, it was Vision. "How can I help you?" He looked at me and sighed, looking around the room. "I wanted your advice, I plan on asking Wanda out I like her. Do you think it's a good idea?" I was silent for a moment, before nodding. "Yeah, go for it. I think it'll be a good idea, good luck man." He smiled and left, right when he left Wanda came in.

I looked at her, studying her for a moment. "This will be a short training lesson since we're going out tonight. We're going out tonight, so we'll need time to get ready." She nodded and we started training, I went easy on her like usual. The guys made fun of me when I would since I was never easy on them. I always said it was cause she was the new girl, but after a while, that excuse couldn't work anymore so I just said it was cause she was tiny.

That made them laugh at me more, I never really had an excuse I could tell them. I had a massive crush on her, I always had when we became close friends. I never told her that, and now that I know she could get with Vision I was jealous and I had no right to be. Once we were finished I watched as she left, I took care of everything and got ready myself.

After a few hours, we were all heading out, we were going out to a new karaoke bar that opened up. We hadn't gone out in a while so it was nice, Tony already offered to pay for all of our drinks even though some of us asked him not to. Vision looked like a normal human, so he was able to get out without being stared at. Once we got there we started drinking, some of us didn't plan to get drunk I was not one of them. I couldn't wait to drink more than the average lightweight. I needed a drink, especially today. I saw how flirty Vision was being towards Wanda, I couldn't tell maybe it was my hopes but it looked like she wasn't even acknowledging him.

Once I started feeling the alcohol Tony got me to go on stage, I didn't think I was that great of a singer but I didn't mind. I chose this one song, I was a little shocked it was there. It started playing and all I could do was look at Wanda, she watched me while the others drank and laughed.

'Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
I'm begging of you, please just leave your man'

The guys finally looked at me, Tony had a knowing smirk, he was the only one that knew I liked Wanda.

'Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
Please just leave him 'cause I know you can
Your beauty is beyond compare
With flaming locks of auburn hair
With ivory skin and eyes of emerald green'

Wanda blushed a bright red and finished her drink, we made eye contact. I looked at Vision, he had a disappointed look on his face. But I couldn't find it in myself to even care. I wanted Wanda and I was hoping she wanted me too, I looked back at Wanda and she was still looking at me.

'Your smile is like a breath of spring
Your voice is soft like summer rain
And I just want to be with you, Jolene

I think about you and I weep
'Cause there's nothing I can do to keep
From crying when you call his name, Jolene

And I can't easily understand
Why you would settle for that man
'Cause you don't know what you mean to me, Jolene'

I watched as Wanda walked closer to the stage, we were just staring at each other as I sang to her. She had a smile on her face, I felt myself sobering up slowly.

'Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
I'm begging of you, please just leave your man
Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
Please just leave him 'cause I know you can

Now you could have your choice of men
But I could never love again
'Cause you're the only one for me, Jolene

I had to have this talk with you
My happiness depends on you
And whatever you decide to do, Jolene

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene
I'm begging of you, please just leave your man
Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene

Please just leave him 'cause I know you can
Jolene Oh, Jolene'

I finished the song and everyone clapped, I got off the stage and Wanda grabbed my hand. She walked me outside of the bar, I looked at her. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I sighed and looked at the sky, "I tried but I couldn't, I don't like being rejected. And today, Vision told me he wanted to ask you out. I guess the drinks gave me the courage to tell you, though I didn't plan on singing my heart out." She giggled and kissed my cheek, close to my lips. I looked back at her, she rubbed her thumb against the back of my hand. "I like you too Nat, I always have. I wouldn't have gotten with Vision even if he got to me first, it will always be you." I smiled and we went back in, we both got another drink before going to the table.

The guys looked at our hand and Vision got up, leaving the bar. I looked at Wanda,, she would normally follow him to make sure he was ok. This time she stayed with me, and I was happy because of that. We sat down and talked to the guys like nothing happened, Tony just kept a smirk on his face.