For The Both Of Us

Chloe/Beca Emily/Beca - Based on the song 'For The Both Of Us' by Zolita, instead of freedom she sings For the both of us after Chloe breaks up with her. They have been broken up for 8 months 
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beca's POV

I watched the crowd sit down in their seats, my best friends were all front row. I was going to sing one more song, as I was the chosen one. This would be my last performance with them, even though they wouldn't be singing it with me. I knew I should do a song that showed how much I loved them, but the song I chose was my song, it was a song for how I felt, especially in this moment right now. My girlfriend, the person I had planned on marrying broke up with me, after six years. I don't know why, I never asked, I just accepted it, even if it hurts. 

Once I was called I walked onto the stage, looking at my best friends, smiling at them. They smiled back and I felt the nervousness leave my body, they were always there for me and I would never get to thank them enough.  The music started, and I decided to use instruments instead of my voice, acapella wasn't who I was anymore. 

'It was us against the world and the world won
I'd say 6 years was a good run
Every single sky, you were the sun
But it started to rain while we were'

My eyes made eye contact with Chloe, I had told her I was going to sing a song about her. It was the last thing I had told her, other than our goodbyes. I think she knew I was upset, but there was nothing either of us could do, our relationship had run its course, even if I wish it didn't end. I had the ring at our shared apartment, waiting for her to accept it. 

'Planning forever, a house in the desert
And I don't even like it there
But I could've learned to if it would have made you
Stay mine

You had me and I had half of what I thought I wanted
Sorry that I couldn't keep the promise'

I had always said a promise, that I would do better, and get better with my family. I never kept that promise, in a way I thought she should have stayed out of it, I wasn't comfortable staying in contact with my father, my mom had died and he went to his new wife in just a month. I never got the chance to grieve and neither did he. She deserved a better husband, and I deserved a better dad. I told her the plans for our future, and I was able to convince myself it was what I wanted, even though it wasn't.

'Even though you're the one who broke me first
I found a way to let go of the hurt
It looks like you've got enough for the both of us
Even though in the end you got so dark
I don't have a trace of hate in my heart

It looks like you've got enough for the both of us
For the both of us
No, you never thought I'd be the one to move on
Before you and I felt like a traitorFalling for somebody who only wanted the best for me
Somebody who never wanted to change me'

My eyes drifted to Emily, she was staring at me intensely. She had been with me while I wrote the song, wanting her to know every lyric of it, though she trusted me with her heart. We had only been together three months, but I knew she had feelings for me, she never tried anything knowing I was madly in love with Chloe. After our break up, she was there for me and I needed that, I had started to fall for her and it scared me. 

'Keep on making me the villain if it makes it better
I should hate you too, but I could never'

I knew Chloe had this hate for me, hate I could never understand in the end. She was never abusive to me, but by the end of it, she was cold, dark. I didn't know what I had done wrong, I never learned either. I had assumed that was her way of pushing me away, to make the break up easier. It didn't help, I tried fixing it, but you can't fix something that's broken, only repair it slightly while it breaks even more. 

'Even though you're the one who broke me first
I found a way to let go of the hurt
It looks like you've got enough for the both of us

Even though in the end you got so dark
I don't have a trace of hate in my heart
It looks like you've got enough for the both of us
For the both of us

Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh
For the both of us
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh

I found a way to let go of the hurt
It looks like you've got enough for the both of us

Even though in the end you got so dark
I don't have a trace of hate in my heart
It looks like you've got enough for the both of us
For the both of us

Oh, it looks like you've got enough for the both of us
For the both of us'

I finished the song and everyone cheered, standing up and I smiled. I walked off the stage and to the back, ignoring Theo even though he still trying to get me to go on a date. Yes, I had told him I was one gay, two in a relationship. Luckily I wouldn't have to deal with him much longer, I was taken out of my thoughts by a group of girls hugging me. I smelled Emily's hair as she was the one who got to me first, the girls didn't know about our relationship. I hugged them all back and they pulled away, smiling at me. "That was amazing, Beca!" I heard them all scream, I smiled at them. "Thanks, guys, it was so amazing to have you guys watch me perform that song." Amy gently hit my shoulder, "So we all obviously know Bloe is over, who's the new gal? You never told me about this and I'm your best friend." I rolled my eyes and looked at her, "No one you need to know about right now, I will let you know when we are both ready." She glared at me and nodded, I felt Emily hug me again. I hugged back, this wasn't weird, she was always touchy with me. 

I saw Chloe, she had a slight frown on her face. I don't think she was expecting the song, she obviously knew it was about her, but I think she hoped it would be about the good things. Not how I know she hates me, and she was the real reason behind our break up. I pulled away from Emily, "Ok, guys let's head out for one more round of drinks before I officially leave." They all cheered and walked off, Emily and I stayed and I looked up at her. She smiled and looked down, she was wearing heels and that didn't help our already big height difference. "I'm so proud of you, Becs. You did amazing up there and I know you needed to let all that out, I'm glad you were able to do it with us all there." I smiled at her and wrapped my arms around her neck as hers went around my waist. She pulled me close and into a kiss, I hummed with a smile. 

We were so into the kiss we didn't hear the two sets of footsteps coming towards us until someone started talking and stopped when they noticed us. We pulled away and looked over, Amy, Chloe, and Aubrey standing a few feet away from us. We blushed brightly and pulled away from each other, but Emily held my hand in hers. It was silent for a moment before Chloe walked away, Aubrey going to follow her. "Aca-akward," Amy looked at us both, I rolled my eyes and we headed out to the girls. Chloe wasn't even looking my way and Aubrey was talking to her, I rolled my eyes. "Hey, are you ok? Are you upset that they caught us?" I looked at Emily and shook my head, "No, it's not that, it's the fact Chloe is upset, though she was the one who broke up with me to be with Aubrey. And no she never told me that, but look at them, we hid our relationship this whole trip, I can tell just by looking at them." She pulled me close to her, and I sighed.

"I don't care that they're together, maybe that isn't the reason, but she has no reason to be upset when she left me first. What was I supposed to do? Wait for someone who obviously didn't love me anymore? That's not fair on me, it just isn't." She pulled me away from her slightly before kissing me, I smiled and kissed back letting her pull me close. We pulled away to see all the girls looking at us. "Come on let's party!" They cheered and we ordered drinks, I decided to ignore Chloe for the night, she could be upset all she wanted, but I didn't care about that anymore. I had Emily, and my best friends, that was all I needed.