The One That Got Away

Glee- Quinn/Original Female Character- Quinn and Willow break up because of Willow's insecurities and Quinn's lack of reassurance and obliviousness. Willow had always felt uncomfortable with the fact Quinn had gotten so much attention from guys and gals, Quinn had gotten used to the obvious flirting they would do and the touches, that she never saw a problem with it until it was too late. 'The One That Got Away'- Katy Perry
~~~~~~~~~~~

Quinn's POV

I was sitting in the front row of the Glee Club, I had only been back since leaving the Glee Club and Cheerios for a week. I didn't know if I would be ready to sing in front of them again, but I knew I had to. I could hear Willow's voice talking to Mercedes and Brittany, I had always loved the sound of her voice. After we broke up at the end of the school year, I was heartbroken, so I gave up the Cheerios, and the Glee Club. I only came back to be close to her, I left the pink hair and went back to my unnatural blonde hair.  It was my fault we broke up, I was so oblivious and accustomed to the flirting I got as the head cheerleader that I never realized what it was doing to her.

Sure she tried telling me about it, but I never understood what she meant so I wrongfully brushed her off. I wish, wish I could take it back, tell her that I would make it stop, and put a boundary between me and others. But I never did, I never got that chance before it was too late. I told myself I would choose her over cheerleading, the awful diet and exercise definitely meant nothing to me compared to her. Mr. Shue came in and looked at us, clapping his hands together. "Ok guys, Quinn has asked to be the first to sing today. So let's all give it up for Quinn!" I got up and he took my seat, everyone looked at me. I gulped softly and the music started, I looked at the band and then Willow. 

"Summer after high school when we first met
We make out in your Mustang to Radiohead
And on my 18th birthday, we got matching tattoos
Used to steal your parents' liquor and climb to the roof
Talk about our future like we had a clue
Never planned that one day, I'd be losing you"

I gently touched my wrist where I had gotten the tattoo with her, it was a simple music note but it meant the world to me. It was her idea on the tattoos, I definitely wasn't going to disagree with her. She had a wide smile on her face when she suggested it, no one could resist her smile. She wanted the music note because we met in Glee club and the fact we both loved music. 

"In another life
I would be your girl
We keep all our promises
Be us against the world

In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say
You were the one that got away
The one that got away

I was June and you were my Johnny Cash
Never one without the other we made a pact
Sometimes when I miss you
I put those records on
Someone said you had your tattoo removed
Saw you downtown singing the blues
It's time to face the music
I'm no longer your muse"

I didn't know if it was true if she got it removed, I knew she hid it after our breakup but I doubt she would be able to convince her parents to pay for it. I looked at her, everyone was watching me, staring at me intensely but I could only focus on her. I heard from Santanna that she didn't sing much anymore after our breakup, just sang background and for the homework.

"But in another life, I would be your girl
We'd keep all our promises, be us against the world
In another life, I would make you stay
So I don't have to say you were the one that got away
The one that got away

The one
The one
The one
The one that got away

All this money can't buy me a time machine, no
Can't replace you with a million rings, no
I should've told you what you meant to me, whoa
'Cause now I pay the price"

I wish I told her how much I loved her, how much I wanted our future to be with each other. I had plans, maybe they were stupid plans but I made them. I wanted to live with her, marry her one day, and love her. I love her so much, I wish I was able to show her that.