East High

- Gabriella -
Once I calmed myself down. We both told each other our names and our numbers.

In hindsight. Giving a complete stranger my phone number was an uncharacteristically stupid thing to do, but I just saw the jackass who tried to hurt me get burned to death and I was emotional.

Give me a break.

The rest of the party went on as you'd expect it to. There were fireworks and everyone cheered about staying up until midnight, annoying the people who were trying to sleep.

But it didn't effect me.
I'm an intellectual. Not a pessimist.

- The Next Day -
(Sigh).... ANOTHER first day of school. With all the times I've moved out. It's kind of hard to get excited about it.

I was walking through the school with both of my parents and I was crying. Telling my mom I don't want to be known as the weirdo nerd girl.

My mom told me to just be myself and she left. After that, I went to class and I found out Troy went to the same school as me.

Troy was whispering questions.
Asking me "But how. How is this possible?"

"Why are you whispering?"
I asked him being weirded out. It was like he was inside a shitty Disney Channel movie.

"I'm whispering? I didn't notice."
He said, stopping the..... For the lack of a better word... Cringyness of the whispering.

"My parents like selfishly moving all the time. So you probably shouldn't bother talking to me, since I'll probably move out in the future."
As I explained how I was in the school. I saw stupidity in Troy's eyes.

I could tell he was gonna try being friends with me anyway.....

Oh well.. I tried. It's not my fault if it ends with suffering and sadness for him.

We both entered class and the teacher went on giant rant about how phones are "Evil" and she took everyone's phones because of her idiotic biased hatred over phones.

The nothing eventful happened until after the class ended.

Both Troy and were walking through the hallways and he asked me if I interested into joining any school clubs.

I answered him by telling him
"Nah. I'd rather not. I've had many experiences where people ridicule me because I'm smart."
While looking at the floor in sadness.

The last time I tried a school club....

It was a Psychology Club.
I somehow got into an argument with a guy about psychology of humanity.

The guy kept saying humans were naturally kind beings. It was the biggest load of bullshit, so I shown him proof, logic, and statistics to debunk his argument.

He got so mad. He burned a bunch of my books, called me an "Egotistical nerd", and kicked me out of the club.

I cried begging him not to kick me out of the club. Only to have him punch me on the face, throw me out of the room, and slam the door in my face.

As both Troy and I were walking, we both saw auditions for the Twinkle Town musical.

Pfft.... Twinkle Town?..
That was the best name they could come up with? wow.....

"You wanna join the audition?"
He asked

"Me? Sing in front of one hundred people? There's no way that'll ever happen. Just thinking about it makes me nervous."
I answered him.

"Yeah.. I'd never do something like that either.. It'd be impossible.. Especially for a basketball slave like me....."
Troy said with a sad look on his face.

"Basketball slave?"
I asked with a confused look.

"It's nothing...."
He answered refusing to explain.

Just then an annoying looking blonde girl showed up and told Troy "Impossible? I never thought impossible would be in your vocabulary."

She then looked at me and told me
"Oh.... Are you joining too?.... I doubt you'd make it... People like you won't cut it..."

Where the fuck is her hostility coming from?
She's only known me for 10 seconds...

After her passive aggressive insult, she then put her name in giant pink letters across the entire audition paper, like a prissy douchebag.

"Look.... I'm pretty sure I'm good enough for a musical that's unironically called Twinkle Town... I don't know why you're so mad about it.. It's like you're a simpleton or something..."
I said roasting the prissy pink girl.

Sharpay then grabbed my arm and asked me
"You wanna try saying that again, bitch?"

I was visibly shaking in fear and I apologized to her while stuttering.

After she let go of my arm. I ran to the bathroom to cry alone.

(Sobs).... Wh...... Why is it happening again?.... E... Everytime I try to make friends... It ends with me suffering. Wither by being beaten.. Ridiculed... Humiliated... Or being forced to move out by my selfish parents....

It always ends in failure.