Kelsi

- The School Auditorium -
(Sigh).... Looks like I spent another day of writing songs nobody even listens to while getting yelled at Sharpay....

.............

How did my life get this bad? I've got no friends, my parents are barely ever around, my brothers are too busy partying it up in clubs with their girlfriends to notice me.

The only girl who'd ever understand my pain has completely disappeared. She suddenly left the school for some reason. I wonder why she left. Where did she go?

I hope she's doing better, wherever she is. She was really miserable when she went to this school.

Just as I was about to pack my backpack and leave for the day, the blonde bane of my existence walked up to me and asked me what I thought about her "Improved remix" of my song.

"Well.... I think.... If you sing it at that pitch and speed, it'll sound like a generic flanderized version of what I've intended it to sound like. Even if the song wasn't ruined, don't you think it's weird that you're singing a love song with your brother? "
I explained to her.

"Kelsi..... I've been in 17 school productions.. And how many times has anyone ever chose your compositions?..."
She asked.

"This would be the first...."
I quietly said.

"Which tells us what?...."
She asked.

"It tells us that I need to work harder and never give up?"
I answered, questioning where she was going with this.

"Hahaha.... No. It tells us that you do not authorize any direction, suggestion, or commentary. And that you should be happy that me and Ryan are preventing your mediocre songs from fading away into obscurity... IS THAT CLEAR?!!!!!"
She explained yelling at me.

I sadly looked down on the floor and answered her saying "Crystal..."

After I answered, the love song singing incest twins left the auditorium and I was left alone.

(Sigh)..... Why is my life like this?.. All I wanted was to write songs.. Not to get bullied by a blonde bitch who probably had a secret crush on her brother.

Her having a crush on her sibling would perfectly explain why's she's always singing love songs all the time. It would also explain why she's a bitch 24/7.

I decided to write some drawings into my notebook.

I drew myself as a legendary hero with supernatural powers from another world who was teleported from her dreadful, mundane life to save a planet from an ancient curse.

I was surrounded by friends, everyone loved being around me.....

Some tears came out of my eyes, a teenager with supernatural powers surrounded by friends.... It reminded me of the times I played Persona games on my Nintendo Switch.

Why?..... Why can't I have a happy life like the protagonists in those games?... Playing them is like visiting a foreign planet to me.

My life is the complete opposite of those games.
I'm all alone in this world. My parents don't care about me. My brothers don't care, I don't have any friends, I could hang myself and no one would care...

Oh well, story of my life I guess....

Just as I was getting up to leave the auditorium, I fell on the floor dropping my drawings and musical notes.

.............

I tripped on a floor with zero cracks.... God, I'm pathetic....

I layed on the floor, suffering in silence.

A couple minutes later I heard a female voice.

"Are you ok?"
She asked.

"Go away.... The Bully Kelsi Until She Hangs Herself club is closed..."
I answered wanting solitude.

They completely ignored what I said. I heard the sound of them picking up my papers, and I saw Troy and some girl I didn't know.

"Uh.... Who are you?"
I asked the looking at the black haired girl.

"I'm Gabriella."
She answered.

I stood in shock. Being surprised on how different she looked from Alitza. It was like I was looking at the complete opposite of her.

When I stared at the Goth, it was like was surrounded by dark, evil energy. Spreading fear across anyone who stares at her.

But with Gabriella, just looking at her cheers me up, I didn't really know her since we just met, but It was like I could tell she was kind from just looking at her.

It was weird seeing Troy and move on from the goth who left him and do a 180 turn, choosing a girl who was the complete opposite of her.

"Um.... Is something wrong?"
Gabriella asked noticing me staring at her.

"No.... It's nothing..... Anyways, why haven't you guys left yet?"
I asked changing the subject.

"Me and Troy have suffered too much to give up Singing this school musical, so we decided to stay here a little longer."
She answered.

"I could ask you the same question, Sharpay left and you looked like you were drawing something."
Troy said being curious about why I was still here.

What the fuck? Seriously? Why hasn't the #1 Basketball jock shoved me in a trash can by now? His friends do it all the time....

"The drawings looked really good, you shouldn't have to hide it while being afraid of Sharpay. If your drawings are that good, why are you letting Sharpay ruin your songs?"
He asked.

"She ruins my songs because that's how the music industry works. You have to sell out and became a corporate slave shitting out soulless pop songs to entertain the fans......"
I answered finally telling someone of my agony.

"You shouldn't have to do that..."
Gabriella said.

"But it's true. You have to sell out to get popular. It doesn't even if it's music. Writing stories, making video games, streaming video games on Twitch.... The only people who're popular are the ones selling out. Selling generic positivity to the masses. Fake happiness, no soul, only money."
I explained the brutal, cold reality of the world.

"I'll prove you wrong. Play the original version of the song. I'll sing it with Troy."
She said to me.

"(Sigh).... Ok..... I'm not seeing how it'll change anything.."

I started playing the piano and the two of them started singing.