•8•

(It was just a small peck)

Albert stopped and looked me straight in the face. "I'm sorry, was that not okay?" He had asked. "You should've hit me."

"Albert it's...it's fine I guess. I just wasn't expecting it is all."

It was kind of awkward but I didn't want to tell him that.

"Was it awkward?" Albert asked.

"No." I told him.

"Would it be okay if I did it again?"

For a moment I pretended to think, then I nod.

Then once more our lips connected, except this time it was just a few seconds longer.

"Thank you." Albert thanked me after pulling away. He then pressed play on the movie and both our heads turned to watch, all while still talking.

"For what?" I asked him.

"For the compliment." He responded.

I was dumbfounded. "Albert, not that I wouldn't compliment you...because I totally would but, what was the compliment?" I asked, since I hadn't complimented him today.

"Oh nothing.." he paused. "But for the record this one sexy hunk of a man thinks you're pretty hot too."

All of a sudden, my memory was back. My face now looked like that one emoji, 😳 <this one. Except my face was red, not yellow.

I could feel the heat and embarrassment rising.

"You okay over there?" Albert asked referring to my now silent self.

I nodded since it was all I could do. I tried to speak but I just couldn't, no words came out.

About 30 minutes into the movie I finally spoke one word "How?"

Albert paused the movie. "I'm sorry, what?" He asked.

"H-how?" I asked again. "How did you f-find out?"

"Uh...Kaden sent me a video."

"Of me all loopy right?" I interrupted.

Albert nodded. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright. I guess."

"You probably feel..." Albert trailed off "well how do you feel?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, we kissed twice already. You think I'm one sexy hunk of a man, and I said your pretty hot."

"I mean looks don't mean anything, or much at least."

"What do you mean?" Albert asked.

I told him that to me looks isn't always important. Yes it's good to have a good appearance and things like that but attractiveness doesn't always matter. It's all in the personality and how you connect with them, how they treat you and the people around you. It's how you feel with them not the sexual attraction.

"I guess you're right, but how do you feel with me? What do you feel with me?"

"Like about the kiss? Oh, well the kiss was not at all bad." I stated.

"What are your feelings towards me? Like our connection what do you feel?"

"Are you asking if I feel connected to you? Like in a 'I would totally date you' sort of way?"

Albert nodded.

"I mean, I could see us dating yeah. But of course no one actually knows where it goes. We won't know where it leads us. Like I said it's all about how we connect and all."

"Is this something you think we could try?" Albert asked.

I was too stunned to even speak. Does Albert want to date me? THE mrflimflam? THE YouTube famous Flamingo?

I thought to myself. Well, if I wanted to try I would always have an excellent gaming buddy and I already get along with his friends...and he's a great person to me, he's polite, he cleans up really well. Albert really does seem like a great match.

"You there?" Albert says knocking into my head.

"Albert." I said. He stopped knocking on my head. "Yes, we can try. I would like that."