•12•

Instead of sitting down on a bench with our ice cream, Albert pulled me back to the car and put me in the passenger seat.

"Albert what are you doing?" I asked him once he got in the car too.

"Why were you talking to him?" Albert questioned as if he didn't already get a big explanation.

"We told you, we're old friends. We grew up together Albert!"

"I thought you said that about Kaden?" He questioned.

"No, I said we're really good friends. We became friends after a con I visited when I first moved here."

"Whatever. Why did you have his phone?"

"We lost connection when I made the big move to Florida. I was simply giving him my number."

Albert sighed, so i mocked him and looked out the window. I was able to see Seth and 3 other guys standing and talking by the bench.

"Do you think HE is hot?" Albert asked after a few moments of silence.

"Albert, what kind of question is that?"

"I mean you said I was hot so why wouldn't you say he is?" Albert scoffed finishing his Icecream.

"Albert we're not even dating, this is just A date! We're not boyfriend and girlfriend!"

"Answer the question."

"I'm not going to answer that. It's completely ridiculous."

"That right there gives me the answer then."

"What?"

"You think that mop head is hot!" He shouted.

"I never said that!" I shouted back.

"Be honest.." Albert trailed off, "did you guys ever date? Did you ever have feelings for him?"

If I was going to be truthful, I would say I wasn't for sure on my current feelings for him.

"Albert.." I sighed.

He was silent, staring at me until I spoke.

"Yes. We did date. We were dating even when we moved out to California together."

"How long did you stay with him?"

"We started dating in junior year. Like you were told already, we moved out to California together when we graduated. When I got the call last year that my parents were found dead..I was told about the house I inherited."

"Did you guys break up?" He asked.

"We did..but it was mutual. He didn't want to move with me as he had just started his career. Just as much as I didn't want to force him to move. I mean I didn't know where the house was at the time."

"What about the losing connection?"

"We just didn't text after that. He was focusing on his career and I was moving..." I noticed a few tears falling down my face and into my ice cream cup. Good thing was that it's empty.

"He seems sketchy to me still." Albert said.

"How can you keep saying that?" I asked. "Seth is such a sweet guy, he's never hurt me. Albert, I just talked about my parents death and all you can talk about is how much you hate Seth are you kidding? That's not being a very good person. I'm over here in tears because even after almost a WHOLE YEAR they still don't know the reason of my parents passing!" I shouted.

Albert sat there in silence.

I got out of the car, with my purse and threw the ice cream cup away.

"Where are you going?!" Albert shouted through the window he had just rolled down.

"To a person who I can count on to care about my feelings!" I shouted, turning away from his car heading to Seth and friends.