•29•

I got ready in my outfit for the date and felt satisfied. I walked downstairs finding Albert on the couch.

"Is this good enough for the date?" I asked him.

Albert turned to me and looked

Albert turned to me and looked. He kept looking, in fact he never stopped looking until I snapped him out of the trance he was in.

"Albert! Earth to Albert! Is this outfit okay or not?" I asked the man.

"Oh..uhh. Very. But don't you want to wear sandals to the boardwalk?" Albert asked.

"No why?" I said confused.

"Well it's going to be hot.."

"But we're also going to be doing a lot of walking there.."

"Well..yeah but sweaty feet smells icky."

"True. Okay you got me there. But I don't think I have sandals to wear that have good support for walking."

"Then to the mall it is!" Albert says pulling me outside and into his car.

"But the boardwalk!" I whined then laughed.

"Yes, after the mall. We need to get those pretty feet of yours some good sandals."

So Albert and I drove to the mall.

We park and Albert drags me inside to a store that I didn't see the name of. "Excuse me sir?" Albert called to a man in one of the isles.

"Yes, how can I help you guys today?" The man 'Jeffery' his named tag read, spoke.

"My queen here needs some lovely sandals for the boardwalk date I'm taking her on, but they need to have great support and comfort for walking. Do you have recommendations?" Albert asked the man in a fake but funny British accent.

"Why yes I do. If you guys would please follow me!" Jefferey led us to a separate aisle with sandals.

The associate pointed out the few pairs that he recommended as well as giving us special deals if we came to his check out line. "If you guys need anything else, please let me know. I will see you guys at check out." Jefferey says leaving the aisle and going back to what he was doing before.

"I really like those bright pink ones." Albert said laughing.

"I'm not getting bright pink Albert..but it looks like they have them in white? Besides white goes better with my outfit." I said.

"Fine."

I smiled and selected the white pair in my size.

We took the box to the check out line where we were once again greeted by Jeffrey

We took the box to the check out line where we were once again greeted by Jeffrey. "I see you selected a great pair. All nice and pretty." He said scanning the box. "Alright your total is 15 dollars and 26 cents."

"Wait what? Only 15? The box says 25.."

"I said I would get you a good deal didn't i?" The mad said winking at the two of us.

"I didn't expect it to be a whole 10 dollars. But regardless I appreciate it, thank you Jeffery." I say thanking the man and inserting my card into the machine.

"I was going to pay." Albert said frowning.

"Albert, no. I can pay for my own sandals. Im the one that needed these."

"Fine. But I'm buying you something at the boardwalk." He said frowning still.

"Deal." I said laughing and taking my receipt and bag from Jeffery.  "Thank you Jeffery."

"No problem it was a pleasure, you guys have a wonderful day!" He says to us as we exit the store.

Albert and I walk back to the car and I change into my new sandals as he drives off.

"Boardwalk here we come!"