Chapter 31: I fucked myself up by getting too close to you

I wait to hear the gun trigger but suddenly Johnny came in the barn with a bag of fruits in his arms.

"Who are you?" The man asked and pointed the gun at Johnny.

But instead of responding Johnny grabs a fruit from the bag and throws it at the man making it an opportunity for me to escape.I get up from the haystack and ran towards Johnny and he motions for me to get out.

"Johnny!" I yell in a frightened voice.

I grab his arm and we run out of the barn quickly. We make sure to lock the barn door so the man wouldn't be able to get out. Whoever the hell he was he was dangerous and had a motive for trying to kill me.

We both quickly get into the my car and lock it. I grab my keys from my purse but, my hands began to shake so Johnny took the keys and started it up.

After a few minutes from driving away somewhere I assumed was far away Johnny took over driving.

"Are you okay?" Johnny asks me.

"Always am" I smile.

"Sar-"

"He lied Johnny he lied about everything" I say with disappointment.

"Who?" He asks interested.

"Jason he lied and I was just dumb enough to actually believe he loved me" I laugh.

Johnny was silent and I knew I shouldn't have brought up Jason but, I needed to. Because I had no one to talk to about what just happened. I had too much pride. Finally after a few minutes of silence Johnny broke it.

"What did he lie about?" He questions me taking a turn.

"Well-"

Should I tell him about Jason being a drug dealer?

"It's complicated really I just don't want to talk about it anymore can we just listen to music or stop for food please?" I beg.

There I go again with my pride. I should've known Jason was bad for me. How he didn't love me at all.

Why am I always drawn towards people who just want to ruin me?

I turn my attention towards outside the window. Johnny turns on the radio that is already on 98.1 which I'm thankful for. It seemed like everything was crashing down around me. I hated feeling this. The feeling of hopelessness and how I felt weak. I thought I was done feeling like this.

"How about some burgers?" Johnny asks with a smile.

"Vegetarian remember?" I smile.

"Alright then we can go to Chipotle"

"I'm-"

"They have vegan stuff there too" he smiles.

I should've picked Johnny. He cares about me and him with his plain blue eyes unlike Jason's wild greenish-blue eyes were soft looking. Johnny's eyes were more welcoming and not intimidating like Jason's.

"Are we almost there?" I whined.

He chuckles. "Yes in one minute"

"Okay" I smile.

My stomach grumbles and I sheepishly smile. Johnny laughs but not rudely like Jason would do.

I step out of the car along with Johnny when the car comes to a stop at a Chipotle. We walk into the restaurant and walk up to the register area.