Chapter 33: He enlightened something in me

Why do people do such horrible things to the people they love?

I've been asking myself this question over and over again. When Ben called me to tell me that Jason left. As in left I mean out of this town. Out of this state.

"Sarah?" Someone said with a knock at my door.

"Go away!" I sob.

But, being the people my family are they open the door.

"What's wrong?" My mom asks.

She sits at the end of my bed with a concern look on her face. I'm actually surprised Liam didn't tell her anything about the Jason situation.

"Isn't it obvious I always end up crying over the same person over and over again" I sigh.

"Jason?" She asks.

"I'm surprised Liam didn't tell you" I laugh.

"I didn't even know you two were dating! For heaven sakes he didn't even come over for dinner or anything-"

"So I'm assuming Liam did tell you" I roll my eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asks.

"Mom I didn't tell you because you always act too hyper when I invite a boy over" I roll my eyes.

"Oh yeah- that's true" she mutters.

I run my hands over eyes. I could tell my eyes where red from crying from all last night and the night before. My mom gives me a worried

"Why are you here?" She asks confused.

I give her a look. She does know this is my room right?

"Uh I live here" I mutter.

My mother rolls her eyes. Like mother like daughter I suppose. I ignore the urge to roll my eyes back at her just like I would do if- well if he was here.

"Honey, do you love Jason?" My mom asks bluntly.

"More than I ever knew I could love someone" I mutter.

She gives me sad eyes. I hated how she did that, and how I always had to keep my comments to myself.

"He enlightened something in me I never knew existed. Something I'm afraid to loose. I don't know who I am when I'm not with him, I just can't ignore the feelings I get. It consumes me and makes me feel more-"

"More alive" my mom smiles.

"Yes, more alive than I've ever felt mom and-" I sigh.

My mom waits patiently to finish my sentence. I close my eyes and exhale in and out.

"I don't want to loose the feelings I get when I'm with him" I sigh.

"Go after him" my mother says softly.

"What?" I ask astonished.

"Your in love Sarah but not with just anyone. With your soulmate. Love doesn't happen everyday and to loose it well- you'll regret it for the rest of your life hun" she says with a smile.

"Are you sure? I mean Florida's pretty far away mom?" I ask.

"Of course I'm sure just don't keep giving this boy so many chances- I know you love him but there's a limit" she says.

I look at her and for the first time I saw a mother. Not, a stranger.

She gets up from the end of my bed and walks out of my bedroom door. I then get up from my bed ,and grab my red suitcase from my closet.