Chapter 41: She Was My Girl

Sarah's Pov

Was it me? Was it him? Or was it the fact that no one was going to accept that we loved each other? Not even the most smartest, logical person could tell me that being with him was going to do me wrong. That it was going to ruin me ,but maybe I was okay being ruined by him.

Of course I loved him and of course it would kill me to be separated from him again. But, at this moment I was mad at him.

"Your turn" Aria says to me passing me the beer bottle.

I looked at the glass bottle that was placed in between my hands. It was cold. I could tell you that ,but it also frightened me because I have never drank before. Honestly that was pathetic to admit but I have never felt the need to until tonight of course.

I put the cold tip of the bottle in between my lips and let the shockingly harsh alcohol into my system. It burned my throat instantly and I was a bit afraid everyone was going to notice that it hurt me. But, no one did.

I looked around at my surroundings and saw everyone just dancing on table tops or on the dance floor. I used to hate being at places like this. Always saw it as people being stupid. But, I realized people partied to leave their past behind them.

Aria and me both had tough nights so, we decided to come to party. She had decided if I had alcohol I would have fun here so, we switched off on turns to drink since we didn't have a sober driver and all. One person would drink alcohol for one hour and the other plain water. Now, it was my turn.

This whole time all I had been doing was ignoring boys asking me who I was, if I wanted to dance, or if I was with someone. I had just been thinking about what had happened earlier.

When Jason punched Liam my father had told me to kick him out and I did ,but I left too. I was furious and not just at Jason ,but my whole family. Some one was always causing drama or starting fights and I felt like I was never going to get a break.

When I kicked Jason out he had thought that I was going to be leaving with him and he had on such a huge grin. He was obviously on something because what girl would leave with a guy who just punched her brother?

So, I left him.

"Woohoo!!" Aria screamed over the blasting music. "That's my best friend!"

I smiled weakly at her. I didn't know what had happened with Aria tonight and she didn't know what had happened with me tonight. We didn't bother to ask each other because we were so excited by the idea of being able to forget about it for one whole night.

"It's not that bad. The liquor.. it actually helps me.." I say to Aria taking another sip at my beer.

"I know" She smiled.

We weren't good for each other at this exact moment we were both not logical but I didn't care.

The liquor that was inside me was fuzzing in bubbles causing my head to feel dizzy and to start to forget about what happened earlier. Right now all I wanted was more beer. Because, it made me feel sane.. if that even makes sense to you. I just felt like everyone else at the moment.

Like.. I didn't feel like I was the daughter of two people who are unable to love anything but money and success. That I wasn't the sister of a boy who only cared about his reputation. That I wasn't me.