Chapter 1: Benson Academy

"Hey Sarah!" Someone yells my name while I walk down the hallway.

I smile at them and wave at them quickly.

As I continue to make my way to English I'm automatically stopped by the scene in front of me. With my jaw dropped and my eyes bulging out I set my eyes upon my ex-kissing Tiffany Jensen. I clear my throat to let them know of my presence but they make no effort to stop!

With a loud groan, I enter my English class.  I ignore my best friend's sympathetic gaze and make my way towards my seat.

Ignoring everyone around me I sit down and look towards the white blinding board. Last year as a Junior I had an amazing boyfriend or at least I thought he was amazing.

Max Bolton was nothing but a lying cheater. Last year he had cheated on me with various girls that I did not know of. Once he had been caught kissing head cheerleader Tara Leonard I had broken up with him.

I was madly in love with him and I thought he was too but, after knowing he cheated on me with not only one girl but about a dozen I ended it. He was my first love and of course, I will never forget him but he also was my first heartbreak.He smashed my heart into a billion pieces last year making me eat ice cream and watch sad love stories for two weeks straight. Without my best friend Aria, I would still be at that stage of 'heartbreak' but thank god I'm not.

In fact, I'm not even in love with him anymore I just don't want to see him kissing anyone in front of me. Who wants to see their ex-kissing someone?

At Benson Academy of Knowledge you have nothing here but drama. I utterly hate and dread having to hear about drama and to have it everyday here is horrible.

Technically most people love the gossip and what not but me I think it just causes trouble which it does.

I swear when I say this but when it comes to break ups it's all you hear about for a year here and that's what happened last year with me. I had to hear about the numerous skanks Max had been with for throughout Junior year.

I tried to distract myself from the situation last year by studying and participating in my school's volleyball team which I am the co- captain of.

If it wasn't for me and Max's break up I wouldn't of have achieved so much. Today I am at the top of my class and have also received various awards.

Maybe I should thank Max one of these days for cheating on me with all those skanks but today is just not the day.

Ms. Murphy enters the classroom with a classic sincere grin and starts the lesson. Frankly today I don't feel like listening and I don't need to listen in this class since I have an A in here. I zone out but once I hear my name I jolt up.

"Yes?" I say with my eyebrows raised.

"You and Jason Brooks are going to be partners for a couple of months tops" Ms. Murphy says.

My eyes literally pop out of my head when I hear the name Jason Brooks.
****

Jason's Pov

"Move you ass crack!" I shout at the boy who had bumped into me.

I swear some people here just don't know who their messing with. I hate this stupid Academy why on earth did my mother have to be the headmaster here?! If only she wasn't I wouldn't have to go to this uptight pathetic school.

As I make my way over towards Ben locker I see the other guys all in a heated conversation.

"Hey" I say and they all stare blankly at me as if I'm a new person.